Rams

Bournemouth/Poole Meet Saturday 20th April

Hi all

I propose a meet next Saturday at Badbury Rings, http://www.hiddendorset.org/index.php/hd/gem/hd1141.html. We could get some nice pictures with the excellent views.

Thinking Mid Day and then off for a drive around wimborne Poole and Bournemouth to settle somewhere for a bite to eat. Perhaps the Fox and Hounds in Wimborne? Nice big parking area and outside seating.

I've checked the forecast and it seems good so throwing this out there to see who's available?

Let me know folkes

Rams

Hello Rams,

I could be up for this meet on April 20th,

just depends if I have the repairs done on my car,

should be all complete tomorrow as long as there's no rain.

Would be amazing to see loads of Corrado's :sunny:

Si

I know the feeling well buddy hoping the car will be ready!

Be good if you can make it, there are some nice Corrado's that usually attend

What are you having done?

I'll be replacing the rear bump stops, O/S/F head light, adjusting N/S window as replaced regulator, finish off service, replace N/S/R wheel bearing.

And that should be it hopefully.

I could make that Rams,be nice to meet you & finally see your C !

Perfect! Craig said he's not sure if he's working but will try and make it. Jason is coming and I will have to get out the wax to ensure it's up to your high standards! Be great to meet you too.

I'd be happy to organise more meets and get a bit more organised as there's quite a few rados locally. Maybe come to some arrangement with a pub as a meeting venue etc.

Hopefully we can get a few more on board. I also know a few photographers that would kindly give up their time to take some professional photos. But that can come later if we get the numbers up.

Ill be there as ill be back from the Middle East and car should be back from getting back end welded up as well

I should be able to make it. Got to top seven in one place locally. There's got to be at least a dozen of us in the area and it'd be great to see anyone else who can make it!

Great momentum guys, keep it coming. Does a regular meet sound of interest?

am up for it i think depends on weather tho doubt i will be able to do the pub run tho as work will need to take me away :(

Good evening

I decided to take a drive out to Badbury Rings this evening, to check on the gravel access road to see how bad it was after hearing that it wasn't in the best of conditions and although I made it, I think it won't be suitable for low cars, so lets simply meet at the Fox and Hounds http://www.fox-hounds-pub-dorset.co.uk/find-us.php in Wimborne at 12.30pm this Saturday 20th April. We can sit down outside, have a drink/lunch and a good old natter and suggest a drive out to one or two places afterwards that I have in mind? Maybe The New Forest or instance? See how it goes really....

So lets have a show of.... Well can't say hands but who's still attending? I've been receiving text messages saying they are warning me that the polish and wax is coming out so great to hear! Looks like people are coming dressed to impress!

Forecast still looks good too people

Edited by Rams

I'm working till 1300 but will give you a bell and see where you are and head on down. Car will be filthy mind you, no time between now and sat to get the hose out :(

My dam exhaust has gone it's blowing a treat,

I have a replacement coming.

Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow but still want to pop a long.

I might come down even if the dam exhaust hasn't arrived.

Your know it's me as it will be sounding like a beetle :lol:

Si :salute:

Sorry Rams I can't make this meet dam it,

my exhaust has arrived so I'm going to have to get on and sort it out :(

Sorry mate.

Have a good one guys.

I'll be up for the next meet 100% for some grand touring :sunny:

Si :salute:

Sorry you couldn't make it buddy, I will organise another meet soon.

It all went really well and thanks to those who were able to make it and Faye and Darren who travelled a fair distance to be there. Nice to meet you all and I will wait for those with better cameras than mine to post some pictures.

It was a beautiful day sun shine wise and a relaxing meet, so I'm chuffed

Rams

Good day out. Didn't really take many pics. Only 2 worth putting up.

Look forward to the next one, thinking BBQ in the new Forrest somewhere.

And spirited drive with rams on the way back ;)

66381305ede324677ba381e0f19c9180.jpg

8239a15640f5a00dc1791888e0c9d6c0.jpg

Thanks everyone for a great day and extra thanks to Rams for organising it. Especially loved the convoy... it's great to see rados in front and in the mirrors, particularly on such a sunny day. Definitely one of those 8) moments! Think the bbq idea is a great one for next time, but I'm also voting for another little jaunt along some New Forest roads! I've added my better photos to my flickr photostream.

Also got a couple of mini chufties when I stopped for V-Power. I spotted a mk1 Cabriolet with it's bonnet up, so I said to the owner that I hoped there was nothing seriously wrong with it and that I want a cabby as my next car. He looked at my rado and told me not to bother! (I won't be selling the C to make way for a mk1 anyway, but I can't justify 3 cars at the moment.) Then I went in to pay and the guy working there said 'glad to see someone putting proper stuff into a decent motor'! Turns out he owns a mk1 Polo. Can't be many of those left!

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Nice to meet some new faces & see some new cars today on a gorgeously sunny day in the New Forest. A very good lunch & a chat was followed by a quick blast to a local beauty spot, with a short stop en-route at Halfords to get some tape to secure my windscreen trim which was trying to part company from the car.Will talk to screen fitter Monday about that !

Another meet in the near future would be great.Rams car is superb & also found my C has a near twin with Subcools Vr, Same colour,spec & nearly same reg. Loving his wheels & arches.

WOW lovely looking cars :clap:

Really wish I could of made this meet. Nice BBS wheels :cool:

Had my Corrado now for just over 11 years and when I see photo's like these,

really makes me think why the hell did VW stop making them.

They look amazing from every angle,

and I know I would miss mine like hell if I sold it.

Convoy of Corrado's on a Grand Touring mission that's the way to go, yeah beautiful cars.

Si :thumbleft:

Nice to meet some new faces & see some new cars today on a gorgeously sunny day in the New Forest. A very good lunch & a chat was followed by a quick blast to a local beauty spot, with a short stop en-route at Halfords to get some tape to secure my windscreen trim which was trying to part company from the car.Will talk to screen fitter Monday about that !

Another meet in the near future would be great.Rams car is superb & also found my C has a near twin with Subcools Vr, Same colour,spec & nearly same reg. Loving his wheels & arches.

Some stunning looking 'Rados there! I really like the pair in the second shot. I lived in Dorchester from 2000 to 2005 and met up with John Munyard and several others with my first Corrado valver in Bournemouth probably in about 2001. Great to see several of them together so many years later!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73681[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73682[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73683[/ATTACH]

A brilliant day - thanks Rams. Nice to meet some new bods. Brilliant run up to the New Forest where Owen can be seen trying to add an extra 1HP to his manic G60!