markTTC

Lupo GTi front wiper conversion - See Page 23!!! for update

some dealers try to con you into buying all the bits seperately but to quote jimsg60 2x Lupo GTI wiper arm and blade kits (part no. V6X2 998 406) £17.36+VAT from VAG

Thats all you need. 2 of those. Job done.

they tried to sell me all the bits seperately at first but after hastling them they finally got some for me :roll:

one of the parts guy's suggested that he could order the kits and sell them seperately for more :mad:

Burnout, This is what you are looking for mate.V6X2 998 406.Got mine this morning two drivers sides as per this part no.

5 mins and you can see where you are going in the rain :wink:

Thanks.

So there is no need to buy a seperate blades. Just get two of the afore mentioned parts, fit them and job done?

Just making sure!

Thanks again, and soz for boring everyone by covering old ground. :wink:

thats why this thread's a sticky allways here for future reference

if you chuck your old arms and blades make sure you keep the plastic cap that covers the fixing nut as the kit wont come with them

might also be worth marking where your old blades sit to line the new ones up

Just to add to this, what are the advantages of going for two driver side arms? I went for one driver side (part no. V6X2 998 406) and one passenger side (part no. V6X2 998 405) and they fit fine, and seemlingly without any of the bonnet/screen edge clearence issues that people have mentions throughout this thread. :?

Usually you get a different wiper as well for the drivers side, it sits lower on the drivers side.

Right, I want some lupo wipers, but this thread is far to long, and I can't be ar5ed to read it, can we just get the correct part numbers put in and FAQ and be done with it please.

It must have been colder than I thought the other day, after lifting my wiper arms to clean the blades they both snapped at the arm linkage!!! So I thought it was about time to get this mod done :) , took a trip to the dealers to get two lupo wiper arms. Got a shock when he said they had them in stock! :crazyeyes:

5 minutes later I now have some better looking wiper arms and can now look forward to seeing where I'm going.

Part numbers used V6X2 998 406 (two of) @£17.36 + VAT

Eug

This Forum is starting to cost me money! Had the car 10 years and put up with all the little annoying habits and then I discover all the mods that people have done. I can now see in the dark with a new loom and bulbs and now when it rains I don't have to drive at 30 mph 'cos i cant see. Brilliant!!! Neil's top tip......when fitting the Lupo wipers test them with a wet screen before fully tightening the nuts as they will park in the correct place :idea:

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!! I'm having a nightmare with my nearest main dealers!! motor services in Bath and Heritage in Bristol. Neither recognise the V at the start of V6X2 998 406. I have been told that without the V the ref is for any standard lupo, but these have identical wipers to the GTI.. Can anyone confirm if this is correct, or advise a phone number for a main dealer that has supplied wipers with the V ref?

The price they are quoting for non-GTI is 17.36 + VAT (the same as above have paid for GTI) so maybe this is the same thing?!?

All I wanna do is see in the rain!!!!! :mad:

I was in Halfords the other day and noticed they do replacement Aero blades if anyone needs em.

I was in Halfords the other day and noticed they do replacement Aero blades if anyone needs em.

The Bosch ones? Do they now do them singely then? I've only ever seen them in twin packs with like a 23" and a 20" or something for a Passat, Big Audi etc etc....

Still getting grief from main stealer, I’ve been told that the set no is not recognised by VW head office, they have had lots of people trying to give them this ref and they “do not want to assist any further” Cheers then. Fantastic aftersales like this is exactly why when I get my car serviced, I don’t take it to VW!!

Looks like it may be time to pay my main dealer a midnight visit with an adjustable spanner… Wonder what part number they would use for replacement wiper arms on a demo car!?!?!?

thought U might like to do something else with that adjustable too - stealers always seem to be unhelpful regarding the C.

Finally got round to doing my convertion. Looks brill and i can see in the rain! I love maing the corrado perfect.. finishing the bits VAG messed up lol

Well, i too finally did the mod a few days ago, after months of pondering about, wondering whether to take the C out or not, incase it rains... Trip to the dealers, quoting V6X2 998 406, and all sorted. They did try and tell me that the part number i gave them would only get me the blade, and i'd have to buy the arms aswell. I just asked him if he could check, low and behold, he came out with the arm and blade kit. I took the last 2 in stock aswell, which was a relief.

The only bad point is there is just a slightly bigger blind spot in the corner of the windscreen on the drivers side... Hey, what am i talking about? the whole screen was a blind spot before!!!

Cheers guys

Steve

The only bad point is there is just a slightly bigger blind spot in the corner of the windscreen on the drivers side... Hey, what am i talking about? the whole screen was a blind spot before!!!

Cheers guys

Steve

I've managed to improve this a bit by bending the pin on the arm that the blade pivots on, sounds a bodge but it works well, I'll put some pics up of the full up position of the blades to show where they reach now, not quite as good as my old C arms but better than when I first fitted the lupos and the blade still parks neatly, just slightly straighter on the screen. I've just got to file out the centre of the blade pivot to let them tilt freely on the arm again, as the blade needs to move slightly as the arm crosses the screen or you get missed bits of water.

David.

Trip to the dealers, quoting V6X2 998 406

I'd get these quick guys if you havn't already, there doing away with the set part number and there are only 17 pairs left, in future you'll have to buy the arms and blades seperatly which is bound to be more expensive...