Sign in to follow this  
mattbalmforth

storm colours

I used to have a green Storm but fincancially needed to sell it... I heard a rumour about a mystic 7 storms that are PURPLE.

Legend has it that VW made 250 green, 250 blue...... & 7 purple storms..

The 7 purple storms were "rewards" from VW to the dealerships that sold the most CORRADO's after the end was announced....

Is this true..?

Also, what are the lottery numbers for next week..? So I can buy another STORM....

Look, I know its just a name but when u see that Corrado flash past you & you glance in your rear view mirror & see that flash of red of the storm badge... u know you have seen ONE !!!! Any one who says, MMM mines better spec'd.... just wants a STORM.

They were called Campaigns, and were not made / delivered at the end of the production life of the Corrado like the Storm, but were actually used as a promotional 'tool' for a select number of VW dealers to promote the VR6 in 1992. They only made 6 of them, and its now thought that there are only 5 left.

They were in a colour called Dusty Mauve, and had a rather fetching (mostly) red and blue interior... certainly not to everyones taste but rather cool none the less.

A bit of info on them can be found here thanks to our friends in the Corrado Club of Great Britian :)

- the interior looks alot better in the 'flesh' than in any pix i have seen.

Sorry but it would have to, cos it looks pretty awful... :?

I think its the Marmite of Corrado interiors.. you either love it or you hate it.

:)

Look, I know its just a name but when u see that Corrado flash past you & you glance in your rear view mirror & see that flash of red of the storm badge... u know you have seen ONE !!!! Any one who says, MMM mines better spec'd.... just wants a STORM.

Not me! Bah! Storms! Common as muck ;-)

P.S. I can only trace 4 of them....

I think its the Marmite of Corrado interiors.. you either love it or you hate it.

:)

I love it ;-)

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............must say it makes it stand out a lot better than any storm interior :cry:

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............must say it makes it stand out a lot better than any storm interior

Your's does stand out tho Rodders, especially now you've got the roof rack and that shiny new Ladder on top! :wink:

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............must say it makes it stand out a lot better than any storm interior

Your's does stand out tho Rodders, especially now you've got the roof rack and that shiny new Ladder on top! :wink:

aye thats cos i'm LADDER happy mate :-P :lol: :lol: .......btw you've got a slate missing on yer roof :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: some people have too much time on their hands.... :roll: :wink:

Whose campaign was at Inters? The leather looks a lot better in real life, not as garish as in the photos.

The one at the show looked like it had a drivers rear wing changed, weld mark across the rear quarter stood out like a sore thumb :? Pretty pointless having a bonnet-bra on it, when the rest of the car looked like it needed work :roll:

Er.. thats a bit harsh.

That car belongs to 'Campaign' - he posted a bit further up this page.

No offense taken, the respray over that bit is gonna have to wait until next year as I'm moving house this year and most of the spare money is going on the Scirocco...

I agree it is a bit of an eyesore that bit, but the rest of the car's fine. If you saw it on the Saturday I was too busy to get all the crap off from the drive down, but managed to get it clean(er) on the Sunday after judging the concours.

I love the interior too - love the fact that the Campaign models are so enigmatic - if the VR6 is a future classic then the Storms and Campaigns are gonna be the most desirable pedigrees!