Rams

Battery relocation

I'm looking at the battery re location and running a charge cooler in this area and I have a stupid question. Well I feel stupid asking it but hey o...

As I have an updated head light wiring loom and couldn't live without it, once the battery is relocated which I need to research how's its done but are there connection points in the bay to pick up a live and negative or how does it work?

I've also been toying with the idea of moving the battery to the boot myself but not sure how best to tackle it. If you find any good guides I'd be interested to read more...

M.

I put my battery under the rear armrest. Who ever uses it anyway? :)

As for the loom, nothing really changes. You're just extending the positive lead into the car and instead of a battery terminal under the bonnet, you just have a splitter.

I see, there's another splitter that leads off to the new location... Got it.

I will see what I can find out....

I've seen some tiny batteries but question how good they are as I don't use my car as a daily and sometimes not for a week or more.

The arm rest is not a bad shout really, what about the spare wheel well?

Mine is under the rear arm rest.

Obvs a bit of a power drop between starter and battery so I use a solar trickle charger to keep it fully topped up.

Use the thickest cable you can find to make sure you don't have any starting issues but with a healthy battery and alt you should be fine.

Excuse the thread revival.

Now working on this myself, have people put fuses/CBs at both ends of the battery cable or just the boot - I'm looking at 150A CB by the battery (need to check the amps) but there seems to be thoughts on both ends?

Noted the beemer cable has neither but would rather be safe than sorry.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The beemer cable from an e46 is a bit short I found. I did put fuses at both ends myself. BMW large 150amp (I think) fuse just after the battery and then Golf mk4 fuse box in the old battery location in the engine bay.