borachris

My final attempt to make a working car! 3.2 24v Rado

Well, I was under the impression that my sai was removed fully and so much as I'm not getting any errors or funny quirks with the engine, I'm still sat at 0% adaptation.

So I'm lead to believe that (again) Kev is right in saying that the relays for the sai and evap valve NEED to be seen by the ecu. Most ecu mappers just remove the ability to display the fault codes. I'll try and wire mine in at some point and go from there.

Unless the ecu needs more than 50 or 60 miles to adapt? I'll confirm tomorrow as I have a 200 mile round trip to do in her!

Hmmmm,

I'd be inclined to believe most things kev says on this subject, given his knowledge comes from his own experience and obviously a fair bit of input from Vince.

I have a spare pair of untouched looms, might stick the engine loom on and see if I can get my sai code to clear!

Yeah most of what I learned about ME7 came from Vince and trial and error!

There are a dozen or so SAI maps in the ECU that need deleting, but the ECU still needs to see the relay connected. ME7 is very picky like that. Simply hiding the fault code doesn't wash with that.

SAI is weird, it can kick in when ever it feels it's necessary, even when the engine is hot! It's tied in with the idle speed as well, so sometimes the hot idle will be 1100rpm and the cold idle 700rpm! Odd.

Chris, there are 2 types of fuel trims. Short term and long term. Short term are fuel adjustments made on the fly to adapt to various conditions. Long term is the rolling average of adjustments made. Both are generally small numbers on a standard, healthy engine. Typically 3% for long term. The range of adjustment is +/- 25% I believe. If you start seeing fuel trims in the 15-25% region, you know you have issues! These trims are also just for idle and part throttle too. No full throttle stuff.

So as said above, without the SAI and evap,valve connected, it's not adapting. You will still get short term trims though.

I realise this is becoming part of the 24v conversion thread but to continue on, for the wiring I have soldered up the 2 SAI relay wires together so they will activate if needs be but there won't be a relay in between for them to do anything with. I've asked for my SAI to be removed but all the wiring remains so if I need to I can ask for it to be put back on and should work. The reason I opted for this was that people have suggested putting a 330ohm resistor in the circuit to make the ECU believe the SAI is still there, other people have said this causes little glitches.

the problem I have with the SAI is that Vince has said it needs to stay whereas United Motorsport have said it can be removed, both highly reputable companies so I decided I would try it out and get it removed. If it turns out to be a problem the wiring is still there, it will just need connecting but as I have done my wiring I know exactly where everything is.

The ECU needs to see the load of a relay on it's signal line. Why are you so reluctant to hook up the relay? It's not exactly a big thing that takes up space.

Thanks for the explanation Kev, I wish I'd just done my own wiring, it was mostly for the time I would save by getting it done by a 'pro', I could've done the job myself 10x over by now, and probably done a better job!

It's partly the reason I carried out everything myself. That and I like a new challenge!

More often than not it's the best way!

Nice one mate, will you be breaking the other one then? Might need a few bits off you if you are

Adam

Decided I'm breaking the new one, it's a little bit better than mine but not enough to justify swapping the engine again lol

Gonna swap some bits onto mine, sell anything worth selling and scrap the rest.

Can i have both the little plastic triangles that sit behind the wing mirrors if your breaking mate ? I slightly bent mine on removal for paint

Drop me a pm to remind me in a couple of days and I'll have a look buddy.

Want the shell gone by the end of the week so will have everything that's worth saving off by then.

Will do mate , no need to post , im under the impression you see fuzz quite often so you could pass them to him and ill be seeing him at some point to get them

Theres a small cap and screw on the back of the door to get them off mate thats how i bent mine in the first place

Will do mate , no need to post , im under the impression you see fuzz quite often so you could pass them to him and ill be seeing him at some point to get them

Theres a small cap and screw on the back of the door to get them off mate thats how i bent mine in the first place

Forgot about these mate did you get some sorted?

New hoops courtesy of Fuzz:8

AD1306DD-1F2A-4CD0-9B4A-6736EACB66D8.jpg

40F48239-6214-4F4F-A129-ED2961D88A25.jpg

More to come....

Holy thread resurrection!!!!

Hope you dont mind Chris a little update on the car.

She is a little dusty at the moment but plans are afoot to bring her back to life

pedal bo and fusebox back in the car with a brand new loom. A corrado shifter cables and box been installed.

20160403_092602_zpsjiexndvz.jpg

20160403_092642_zps1jvrub4s.jpg

20160403_092708_zps5wannicr.jpg

20160403_092730_zpsubi6z4c4.jpg

20160403_092741_zps0i2ijjqz.jpg

20160403_092808_zps3b90u3yr.jpg

20160403_092844_zps7ayuirsm.jpg

20160410_163923_zpsndypul2w.jpg

20160423_145111_zpsuvkpq9fx.jpg

20160504_171553_zps8xvsfvsx.jpg