Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

H and R springs

£82! Get them!

They're excellent springs. Have no dealings with performance centre tho. Sounds a bit too cheap tbh.

a second hand set went for £75 odd on ebay the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tempted myself although I wouldn't fit them till I got a set on Koni TA's but at that price its worth getting them now, even if they have to sit around for a while gathering dust!

ta

timo

Hmmh, the link above still works but it appears they have removed the info on the VR6 springs, can't find them anywhere else on their website now either! :x

Dammit, knew I should have rung them sooner.......so the search for H and Rs continue, unless someone here knows where you can get them at a good price..... :?: :wink:

NNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly bought them the other day but thought I would just wait another week or so. I dont believe it!! (victor style) :cry:

timo

Springs have been sold - i tried on thursday, accepted credit card details, had email confirming order and everything...

Got a call on friday from Performance Centre saying that they were already sold - but could have a set at £135.00 if still interested..

cheeky *&*$................ people!

Pretty gutted really, I had just convinced myself to buy them too!!

timo

badger, if you'd already paid for them they should be yours or you should be offered another set for the same price... I know that a price is an invitation to buy and the seller can withdraw the sale but once you've paid surely thats a done deal?

if they had debited my credit card, then yes, they would have to let me have a set at £82.25, but I don't think they have actually taken payment.

The "on-line" buying procedure allows you to get all details accepted, it's only when some guy in the shop checks that they realise they've sold em already....such is life.

Ok guys I'm still after a new set of these for my VR. For those that have a set what price did you pay and where did you get them? Thanks

Mine were from demon tweeks. Think they were about £140 and were a special order. DT don't seem to keep much corrado stuff in stock (I've just waited 10 days for my new rear dampers) so if you need them in a hurry go elsewhere.

Ok thanks £140 seems to be the going rate but can anywhere better this? I'm not in a hurry really, but the sooner I get rid of the 4x4 look the better! :)

I have a set for a VR6 lying around ion my garage.

They don't look pretty, but they do work.

£50 to collector, or +£lots for postage.

How would these sit on (new) standard shocks?

Personally I think it is a mistake buying any suspension that isn't matched by the manufacturer, ie. lowering springs with dampers valved to suit. Or use a damper like Koni TAs that can be adjusted to match any spring rate.

At the very least a lowering spring should be used with a shorter damper - an OE spec/length damper will just not perform right with the shorter spring.

Just my 2p worth :wink:

At the very least a lowering spring should be used with a shorter damper - an OE spec/length damper will just not perform right with the shorter spring.

I wasn't very serious, to be honest... In fact really I already knew the answer, but thought at that money I might have offered to buy 'em just in case... :)

Given the number and height of speed ramps round here, I'm much better off sticking to 4x4 ride height on standard wheels. And the handling's not that bad...