C5 OEM

Words used to describe condition

So we have all heard the words used but wondered how people interpret these words and opinions....for instance a few words used in adverts to describe vehicles;

Mint

Immaculate

Pristine

Stunning

Flawless

to name but a few but often when a vehicle shows obvious flaws the answer is then,, well its good for its age...

Example of an advert;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-Golf-MK2-GTi-1-8-8v-Stunning-Mint-Condition-Inside-and-Out-Totally-Original-/300974845085?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item46137fac9d

So what words do you use to describe your car........?

So when you read an advert describing the vehicle as;

mint

stunning

pristine ect

what do you expect.........?

So when you read an advert describing the vehicle as;

mint

stunning

pristine ect

what do you expect.........?

Nothing. It could very easily be a dog, actually mint or anywhere in between. A lot of people are liars, deluded, plain stupid or have low standards so it's not worth expecting too much unless it is a well know forum car.

That's just most ebay sellers all over. Same in the record collectors world on the bay. One mans gold disc is another mans ashtray etc...

I tend to not believe the hype and form my own opinions.

Unfortunatly there's buyers out there who buy with their hearts and swallow any tripe put in front of them.

I may be in the minority here but I actually try to be as honest as I can when selling a car privately. And encourage potential buyers to ask me as many questions about my car as possible. And even try to point out any work that needs done. Hasn't failed me yet.

I had a bad experience selling the missus' mk2 F**d Fiesta ghia many years ago. The new owner left me a very nasty message on my answer phone due to her not being able to start the car and thus being late for work(later found out from her husband that she had never used a manual choke before and flooded the engine). Her husband was very apologetic though when I called them back!