ChrisL

Would like to know more about this

Id save your pennies mate, once the novelty has worn off they really aren't so great. Id invest in some good pre cleaner instead if I was to start over.

Forget about the snowfoam Rob a good TFR at correct dilution is more than sufficient ^^^^^^^^^ what Chris said.

Thanks for the advice on the pre cleaner and stuff guys . What sort of products are giving good results .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

Never used a sealer. Just wax. Intrigued about it now. Tell me more.

it's a technical world bud!

wax/paint sealant are the same thing - what you put on after you've polished the paint. difference is wax has some natural wax, sealant is synthetic. you can use one or the other or both.

I've just done the audi with poorboys black hole and 'sealed' with collinite 845, with very good results. highly recommend the black hole for dark cars.

I use wax on bodywork (collinite 476s currently), and sealant on wheels and exhaust (CG Jetseal 109) and have for years now. Great product!

What do people do if they don't have access to a hose/jet wash?

Only ask as I have no drive so just have to use a couple of buckets but didn't know if there was a better method.

Sometimes I've used jetwash at local garage then come home and wash with a bucket. Especially in the winter months.

This is the kind of comment's that annoy me sorry mate but have you any idea the amount of work that goes into a detailing job like this if the price is not for you do it yourself I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT GET A FINISH LIKE THIS.There is skill involved how about you show us your handiwork with a buffer????......

I do actually, as one of my friends is a professional detailer, so leave the skill to him. I wasn't devaluing anyones craft, just expressing my amazement at there's a pot of wax for £200 ! I shouldn't be surprised though as I've nearly tripped over myself when passing the John Drake/ Zymol stand at trade shows. But if you want me to get the old chap out and see how we measure up then so be it. In the mean time, I'm off for a Coke and a smile.

I do actually, as one of my friends is a professional detailer, so leave the skill to him. I wasn't devaluing anyones craft, just expressing my amazement at there's a pot of wax for £200 ! I shouldn't be surprised though as I've nearly tripped over myself when passing the John Drake/ Zymol stand at trade shows. But if you want me to get the old chap out and see how we measure up then so be it. In the mean time, I'm off for a Coke and a smile.

;-)

What do people do if they don't have access to a hose/jet wash?

Only ask as I have no drive so just have to use a couple of buckets but didn't know if there was a better method.

Optimum no rinse Mic. Lots of pro detailers use it or another no rinse prooduct in the height of summer, or when a hosepipe ban is in force. Have a read up on it. I cant say Ive ever used it tbh, but it does get rave reviews.

• Like 1

Pot of wax?? I thought the original post was about a Corrado receiving a 2 pass polish anyway getting bored now :tumbleweed:

Pot of wax?? I thought the original post was about a Corrado receiving a 2 pass polish anyway getting bored now :tumbleweed:

Clumpy where has all this bad attitude come from?

Here, have some happiness, on the house!!!!!!

slider-2_zpsd9e9a7d9.png

:fondle: hahaha

PEACE! :dance:

Never used a sealer. Just wax. Intrigued about it now. Tell me more.

Crack open a fresh can of worms! In brief there are 3 types of sealant:

Wax. Is waxy or liquid and varies in cost from £5 to £30k. Durability varies massively as does ease of use.

Sealant. Is usually liquid and costs vary a lot less. The idea of them is to offer protection and be easy to work with.

Nano coating. Roughly £30 clear liquid form eg wolfs hard body. Idea here is long lasting protection for cars used all the time or for people who don't want to reapply wax etc. Get the surface right and this is a great product, naff it up and its a waste of time and money.

Please note the above is the world of sealant through my eyes, there are a million opinions out there I just report on experience.

Endless reports of this stuff on detailing world dudes. Be well.

This thread went in a completely different direction to what I thought although car polishing is quite a hobby anyway.

I was thinking more that it looks a really nice, completely standard Corrado and wouldn't mind to see interior pics, mileage etc etc. Didn't know if it was anyones on here.

Optimum no rinse Mic. Lots of pro detailers use it or another no rinse prooduct in the height of summer, or when a hosepipe ban is in force. Have a read up on it. I cant say Ive ever used it tbh, but it does get rave reviews.

Just had a look on google, this stuff sounds far too good to be true..... this is exactly what I need!

I wasn't devaluing anyones craft, just expressing my amazement at there's a pot of wax for £200 !

Pah, I laugh in the face of £200 waxes. I wouldn't even buff my lawn mower blades with that cheap shyte. This season, I am mostly using this - http://swns.com/news/british-businessman-launches-worlds-expensive-car-wax-costing-65000-38132/

Just had a look on google, this stuff sounds far too good to be true..... this is exactly what I need!

i have it, but never really used it on a very muddy car, would be pretty hideous, i only use it if car is lightly dirty. Last time was after car sat in garage for about 18 months and was covered in dust etc

Clumpy where has all this bad attitude come from?

Here, have some happiness, on the house!!!!!!

slider-2_zpsd9e9a7d9.png

:fondle: hahaha

PEACE! :dance:

You are mad mate but I like your sense of humour. Apologies for the bad attitude chap's not a very good week though it got a bit better 2day ;)

Apology accepted :D Not that you had anything to apologise for imo! Forums are full of opinionated people and occasionally our opinions differ, but it's nothing to take personally, or try not to at least!

I wouldn't pay someone 50 quid to rub my car with a rotating piece of foam with some stuff on it, let alone £200+ :lol: