Mccorrymark

What power do your corrados have???

So had my vr6 on the rolling road when I first got it was highly impressed that it was sitting at 189bhp after 135k miles since owning it at the start of the summer I have used engine cleaner additive and was at another rolling road day today and it's sitting at 196.6 now it's more or less standard bar an induction kit and stainless steel back box so was wondering is this normal for the raddos to keep this much power with such high miles?

What works been done to it there where a few 2.8 golfs there today one turboed sittin just over 500bhp :0 other super charged sittin around the 280-300 mark lots spent on them tho haha mines costs just under £1200 full service history folder full of it lol

Show off :)

I certainly wouldn't show it off at the minute it's in bit's but hopefully in time it will be something to be proud of after I graft all the bit's from the breaker.

They're all a bit speculative, some are heart breakers, some are very optimistic. Lots of factors to take into account, type of dyno, atmospheric conditions, as well as health of the engines and indidual modifications. I'd suggest 196 on a relatively standard car is pretty optimistic tbh.

Still doesent count james haha its not standard and oem like ours , its one of those modified ones !!! Haha

It is standard :rolleyes:............... Standard R32;)

That was running the 97octane after cleaning out the engine with red ex so I reckon it

Was close to what she has tbh very very strong well looked after engine with full history from day one

I've heard that remapping them usually loses a bhp or 2 but adds torque and kills flat spots I think there may be a supper chipped ecu in mine tho not 100% 203 bhp is still some gain on 190 what millage is on it?

What's done to it would love to get mine just over the 200 mark tho I am thinking about a super charger kit but they are proving hard to find :(

Mine will be for sale v soon :norty:

I've heard that remapping them usually loses a bhp or 2 but adds torque and kills flat spots I think there may be a supper chipped ecu in mine tho not 100% 203 bhp is still some gain on 190 what millage is on it?

You really need to use the same Dyno before and after doing any mods and ideally with the same ambient temp as well. Its only really willy waving figures anyway, as long as the car is running right and fuelling right thats all that matters.

For a VR its not worth chasing numbers to be honest. Anywhere around 190bhp is fine.

Worth adding that mine has Schimmel Performance SP263 cams and a DG Autotech remap.. and actually I think 203BHP isn't a great result given those mods, but I think my engine is getting a little tired!