Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

Maybe if someone got in touch with them about a possible group buy you may get them even cheaper.:cheers:

Buy direct from Vw classic parts they are such a good bunch to deal with, translating when needed and a pretty good at English

I'd be in for a group buy. Happy to try to arrange one although it's better if a German speaker could do it.

Nevermind - I just checked. Part number checks out! An absolute bargain!

Actually Jim, still not clear as the one above says (leather) but this particular part number doesn't. We really need to get a definitive answer. If it is genuine then group buy for the win!

i sent a message and received an auto. repy a minute later. my inquiry will take up to 2 or more days to answer.

so lets play the waiting game.

Hi Torsten,

Good news! did you write to them in German or English? If it is English then I am happy to help organise a group buy if you can get them to send you an email of phone number I can call them on.

Cheers

Ron

Ron,

i did it in german. But actually alot of people are able to speak english in Germany.

but if you like i can ask for a phone number for english language

There's definitely one or more guys over there who can deal with you in English - I've had English responses to queries I've sent in the past :)

Would also be interested in a wheel at that price - just too much of a bargain to pass up.

Sweet, if one of you guys can get us a phone number or email addy from them then i am happy to sort out a group buy, see what price we can get for different amounts. Saving on delivery by buying together is a £20 saving!

I've dealt with Peter before - he's a nice guy and very quick to come back to you. It would be nice to negotiate a club discount with them as well.

Hmmm, might be tempted to get one of these myself.. but I'd need an idiot guide to swapping the wheel over (and what tools you need)!

Just a 24mm socket as far as I remember. Carefully pop off the warning horn cover in the middle by pulling the corners in turn and you'll see the nut holding it on.

Yeah - that's all there is to it. You just wrench the horn cover off, disconnect the wire that makes the horn work and undo the nut holding it onto the column. Remove, and replace.

Guys,

They have confirmed that this is 100% a leather Corrado VR6 wheel, I sent them pics etc

I am also finding out if the centre of the wheel in available too as mine is a little shiny where a previous owner has been resting their fingers.

I am now in process of sorting out a deal, so far they are only offering us free delivery but I'm hoping for a bit more :)

I think haveing an idea of numbers for them would be good as I can see that selling us 4 wheels is no big deal but if we can get 10, they may want to consider more of a discount.

Once I have a definitive price, I'll start a group buy thread but for now can you PM me if you are interested.

So far I have

Me (Hofmiester)

Portant

Sean_Jaymo

fendervg

Jim

Goldie

dr_mat

Rob

So that is 8 already

Thank

Ron

Edited by Hofmiester

It's dead easy. Even I managed to do it and I've not died in a fireball and headlong crash into a tree... yet.