Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

Just to update the list, I have been paid by:

Adrian B

Matt R

James T

Sean J

Judith

Edited by Hofmiester

I sent the order but at the last moment I asked him to check that the centre horns we have are 100% compatible with this wheel. While it looks like the same wheel in the pic, it has a different part no so I wanted to be sure.

Should know tomorrow and finalise the order, but they are saved for us for now.

Edited by Hofmiester

Always appreciate forum members doing this sort of thing for otherforum members. Fingers crossed the part numbers check out.. Look forward to receiving and fitting a shiny new steering wheel!

I would like one if there's still any available cash waiting .

thanks

Technically the deadline past but as we're waiting on them to 100% clarify the part number, you can sneak in if you get your payment over sharpish :)

I've PMed you the details.

Cheers

Ron

Sweet! Have you had much luck hearing back from them?

Peter at classic parts is on the case but he just said "it is taking a bit of time" in his last email on Friday afternoon.

I'm sure it will be fine and after a 19 year wait I'm also sure my Corrado can wait a few more days while it's checked out to make sure it's the right one. Better to know whether they are right before they are sent :)

It will be interesting to 'see' what a new one feels like compared to an original refurbed one though.

The main difference should also be that the plastic parts will not be all worn and shiney. My wheel is actually in really good nick, no cuts or grazes and the stitching is all sound, but the whole thing is very shiney and smooth.

Massive contrast when I get in my Mk7 golf

Mine is in great condition to be honest. Stitching all good, not to shiny, no rips. Probably doesn't need replacing but an opportunity like this doesn't come up often. I do age about modern Golf steering wheels though. My mk6 wheel is superb.

Mine has gone a bit shiny now but I reckon it'll still sell to take a bit of a dent out of the cost of the new wheel :)

Yeah but the classifieds will be flooded with used wheels missing the centre caps :D

Heheh :)

any luck in ordering with these guys...I am interested in ordering also I cant figure it out.Any updates would be appreciated

Well there were 7 left in stock and we have them all taken. They are currently being held for us as he's just checking 100% that they are an exact match for our existing wheels.

Should know tomorrow....I hope

interested

Afraid you missed out - all 7 have been spoken / paid for I believe!

Hi Folks,

Just a pretty boring update, Peter at VW Classic is taking ages to get back to me on the check on fitment. I've chased him twice but no reply.

He may be off sick or something but I have everyones money so I'll chase again next week. If we still hear nothing by next Friday, I vote we cancel and I'll refund everyone.

I'm sure he's just been off for some reason but it is very annoying!