Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

Just wonder if somthing has happened to him, maybe he's off sick? He was very good at replying before.

It does seem very strange - like you say he could be on annual leave or off sick perhaps. I know it gets kinda difficult too when someone hasn't replied to a couple of emails, you can't really flood / spam them every day asking what's going on :|

Just wonder if somthing has happened to him, maybe he's off sick? He was very good at replying before.

I was in email contact with him middle of last week, regarding an exhaust..... he gave me a quote I think Tuesday / Wednesday. he's normally quite quick with his response.

I'm tempted to speak nicely to a friend and ask if he'd be willing to email on our behalf to Classic Parts, as he speaks fluent German, to find out what's going on.

Yeah that would really help Jim, I think either Peter has sacked us off as he can't be arsed to go find out if the wheel is an exact match for the UK Vr6 one.....or somthing bad has happened to him :(

I was thinking the same Jim.

Also happy to hold on for a while. Certainly until we either get a response from him or ask a friend to help make contact ( by phone to see if Pete is on holiday, sacked, other issues??)

I've emailed my mate with some background and what we want to do :)

My mate has dropped an email off to someone that he knows at Classic Parts.. no reply as of "close of play" today but he said he'll get back to me as soon as he hears anything :)

Thanks Jim, the guy I have been dealing with is Peter Alt and the last conversation I had with him was when he sent me a final PDF quote for the 7 wheels, I asked him if he could check the part number compatability, he said yes but it may take a little while........then radio silence and that was over a week ago

My friend evidently hasn't had a reply yet either.. not sure what the hell is going on at Classic Parts?

Just as a back up I've found the later Corrado steering wheel,

on Classic parts it says it's the GT Steering Wheel,

and you can purchase the centre new as well.

I think this is fitted to some of the VR6 and most of the later 16v's and 8v Corrado's,

plus it's in the VW Polo G40

This wheel has the chrome / silver strip under the wheel centre.

GT Steering Wheel part n.o: 867419091J 01C £229.20 euros = to £189.92 pounds

http://www.vw-classicparts.de/shop/

GT Wheel Centre part n.o: 867419669E 01C £36.75 euros = to £30.45 pounds

http://www.vw-classicparts.de/shop/

Both showing as being in stock.

If the links don't work above then go to the VW Classic Part website,

and click on the online shop icon,

then on the left side scroll down to where it says Polo/Derby and click on it,

then when it opens click on MK2 Polo,

now click on the Door icon, once it opens up click then on the Seat icon.

First page has the wheel centre and the second page has the later GT Steering Wheel

Hope this helps.

Si

Si that steering wheel is nothing like the vr6 leather one in the respect of sturdiness it is rather flimsy compared to the Vr6 one I have had both and if I was going oem I wouldn't buy one of them ;)

That's the OEM wheel that's been in mine from new I think,

I've seen loads of other Corrado's with that wheel fitted including the VR6.

The leather wheel you guys have been looking at must be the later VR6 wheel then ?

Si

I'm not totally sure mate but the fact they are in VR6's may be the fact the owner's at some point have removed and sold it and it's been replaced with one of these or possibly due to wear but they are not a VR6 wheel from what I can gather.