Hofmiester

Could this be right? Brand new VR6 steering wheels fom VW Classic?

Does that postage cost cover the packaging required? I hope you are not selling yourself short. £35 internet banked just now, to include postage. I'm too impatient to wait :-)

If you need more for a box and bubble wrap let me know

Many many thanks

Jude

Hi Folks,

Thanks for sending payments, the extra couple of quid you guys have put in will pay for some extra packaging. The wheels come in their own boxes but they are flimsy with minimal wrapping so some extra bubble wrap and maybe an extra box would be a good plan.

Just waiting on payment from Matt Reynolds and Morten Ellis

Will try and get them out on Monday to you guys who have already paid.

Cheers

Ron

Postage went out today (UPS) for Portent, Jim, Sean Jaymo and Butterfly.

Still waiting on payment from 2 people before I send out.

Cheers

Ron

If you need any more cash bunging your way Ron towards shipping / packing, please don't hesitate to say so. Don't want you out of pocket for helping us out.

If you need any more cash bunging your way Ron towards shipping / packing, please don't hesitate to say so. Don't want you out of pocket for helping us out.

Cheers Jim but we're all good, that extra couple of quid you guys gave me was needed though, bought a role of bubble wrap and postage came to £10.50 rather than a tenner.

Looks like I may be one of the first, having just received my steering wheel this evening :) Thanks very much for sorting this Ron - time to get the old one on eBay I think :)

Looks like I may be one of the first, having just received my steering wheel this evening :) Thanks very much for sorting this Ron - time to get the old one on eBay I think :)

What do you think? Lots of texture on both the plastic and leather parts compared to the one that is already on the car. Kind of wasn't epxecting that :)

Haven't had the chance to check it over yet - not sure I will for a couple of days yet sadly, but glimpsing through the wrapping it looks great :)

Got mine today. Wonderful stuff many thanks.

And 're what do I think about the texture etc... It's as expected as I saw a brand new one snapped up off eBay a few years back so know what they were like brand new.... And it wasn't me that snapped it up off eBay but someone 'close' to me :-D

I rearranged delivery to my work address and it arrived this morning. I've not fully unwrapped it but had a quick peek and it's great. I see what you mean about there being so much more texture and the matt look is fantastic.

Once again thank you for arranging it.

Hmmm... put it on straight away or keep for when mine needs more of a refurbish?

Edited by Portent

Come on dont be shy, someone post a pic of said new steering wheels please?

I already posted a pic in post #164

My dash is almost back together (just need this weekend) and then mine will be going on, so I'll take some more pics then.

There wee 9 in stock, last ones ever and made in 2003, I said I would take all 9 but they said I could only have 7, unsure why.

VW classics website says sold out, so there may be two left but there also probably isn't. Only way to know if to contact them.

I get the impression that the horn cover is still available.

was trying hard to find this thread, only to find all gone....anybody ever get theirs from the german re-trim eBay listing?