thesingh

Question to all DDI Clock owners

I know its not possible to install these DDI clocks on a 8v or 16v Corrado and it is only available on the G60 and VR6. To my knowledge no one has converted these clocks to work on a 8v/16v.

The question I want to know is, how do they work that these clocks are exclusive to the VR6/G60 clocks? By no means I am an electrician or a Corrado guru but in my head its just dial plate and lighting.

Sorry if it sounds like a daft question, I have tried to google, search on the forum and even email DDI them self but cant seem to find an answer.

Thanks

I'm not sure it's an electrical or connectivity issue - more simply that 8v/16v/G60/VR6 all have different rev limits - so the rev limit / redline will be incorrect if you fit them to an 8v/16v!

To be honest, I had them and took them out. They are quite badly made and so prone to flickering, look cheap in that the face design has a fairly naff font....plus there is no needle stop so the needle just hangs there at the bottom.

Not great and will probably fall into the depths of chavdom like the White faced dials on the 90s

I'm not sure it's an electrical or connectivity issue - more simply that 8v/16v/G60/VR6 all have different rev limits - so the rev limit / redline will be incorrect if you fit them to an 8v/16v!

Is that the only issue?

Thanks guys. I think im going to get these fitted.

To be honest, I had them and took them out. They are quite badly made and so prone to flickering, look cheap in that the face design has a fairly naff font....plus there is no needle stop so the needle just hangs there at the bottom.

Not great and will probably fall into the depths of chavdom like the White faced dials on the 90s

Has any one else had the issue Hofmeister had experienced?

Don't think it's been mentioned clear enough. Bear in mind that your rev counter will indicate the wrong amount of revs. The counter is calibrated differently, it doesn't just go round a bit further on the valver. This may cause issues come MOT time with the tester doing the fast idle indicated on the clocks for a vr at 2.5k, but in reality a valver will be closer to 3k. I THINK there is actually a rev detector on the test equipment, but if not this could mean the difference between a pass and a fail on emissions. Not worth the hassle imo.

Edited by seanl82

Don't think it's been mentioned clear enough. Bear in mind that your rev counter will indicate the wrong amount of revs. The counter is calibrated differently, it doesn't just go round a bit further on the valver. This may cause issues come MOT time with the tester doing the fast idle indicated on the clocks for a vr at 2.5k, but in reality a valver will be closer to 3k. I THINK there is actually a rev detector on the test equipment, but if not this could mean the difference between a pass and a fail on emissions. Not worth the hassle imo.

Your right that is more hassle than its worth. Thank you for clearing that with me.

there's a polish company that all the European guys use that can make them up to suit any car, Im getting some custom ones done when I move my rev counter and speedo round the other way ;)

I can vouch for the spoonfed ones,(with illuminated needles)

paqe6y3y.jpg

Look fantastic, but wasn't he the chap that turned out to be less than pleasant though (to Abdul)?