Harrier

Hi from Ultimate Dubs

I'm reflecting on a great weekend but feeling pretty tired today, was a long, dark drive home.

Was nice chatting to Goldie, Tempest & Brunty.

So many great cars there but this was one of my favourites, never thought I would say that about a Mk4 Golf!

I took 420 photos across the weekend… Ill sort a few out later on..

I won Best Corrado… Felt very much like i did last year, car looked standard next to some of the stuff..

Here is a couple..

Sheer VW Coupe Perfection… every box ticked there for me, some OEM bits, so subtle but over the top, the wheels, the paint and the engine bay was a work of art…

P1010775_zpsc00bd0f7.jpg

And i took this when i stopped off on the way home… It sums up Ultimate Dubs for me… The Scirroco is nice but see what i mean about looking like my car is standard…

P1010916_zps61248a68.jpg

I'd take your car over the mk3 scirocco any day of the week, the mk2 scirocco scala looks stunning, just minor cleaning up and a larger version of the OE fit wheels and it just looks so right

I'd take your car over the mk3 scirocco any day of the week, the mk2 scirocco scala looks stunning, just minor cleaning up and a larger version of the OE fit wheels and it just looks so right

I agree! As much as I have tried, the MK3 Scirocco just doesn't do it for me.

The Corrado is just a classy car!

I had one try it on with me he looked rather shocked when I pulled away with relative ease then disappeared into the sunset lol.

I had one try it on with me he looked rather shocked when I pulled away with relative ease then disappeared into the sunset lol.

They do make lower powered ones. My wife has the 177 diesel and it's as quick as my VR6.

damn, didn't know anyone was going off here

was a really great day weather was brilliant! loved the outside as much as the inside.....was having a nose at two parked up with each other outside asda, both cream interior red, and dbp if I remember

anyones?

I popped over for the day, I felt old compared with most of the audience and I'm only 30! Lots of lovely cars though and quite a few sheds but glad I went along. First time in 3 or 4 years and I'm sad to see that the mk3/4/5 and Audi A3/4/5 wheel of choice is still a Bentley alloy and that Air has got a solid clutch of the must haves to be show worthy! I think I need to attend a bit more of a grown up show!

Goldies Corrado was beautiful and even smelt nice! I loved the Caddy next to you as well!

Some of the wheels people are fitting are just hideous, I'm sure they dont like them but just going for the shock value in partcular a I saw a picture of a blue RS4 saloon with the oddest wheels. Maybe I'm showing my age now.

Its a show though, people want to make an impact i.e. Porsche turbofans on a Bolf fronted Mk4 Golf (looks horrendous to me). For those dissing the Mk3 Scirocco you need to live with one for a while. They are brilliant cars.

Good to see a standardish car getting a trophy, well done.

Its a show though, people want to make an impact i.e. Porsche turbofans on a Bolf fronted Mk4 Golf (looks horrendous to me). For those dissing the Mk3 Scirocco you need to live with one for a while. They are brilliant cars.

For the record I quite like the MK3 Scirocco, I'd just choose the Corrado over the sill scraping example in the picture.

Its cool wasnt aimed at anyone in particular. Its just there always seems to be a lot of bashing of the particular car when very few have owned one or even driven one.

Anyway thats getting of topic.

Ive seen the RS4 with said wheels and Im sure he has done that just or get a reaction.

Edited by coullstar

I guess it stems from my previous job as a motorsport mechanic. Function before form and all that. Probably why I really enjoy the Autosport show.

Anyway, I took some pics too. Not as many as I meant to for some reason!

IMAG0494.jpg

Surprising number of non-Dubs in the area...

IMAG0493.jpg

Want. (Very disappointed when I looked at it's stats and found that my Corrado is quicker). Still want though.

IMAG0495.jpg

Some super clean cars on the way in, I think part of the concours section.

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

Strangely I didn't photograph the Scirocco Scala a couple of cars down. Maybe someone else did?

Some engine to admire

IMAG0505.jpg

Nice wheels.

IMAG0509.jpg

IMAG0513.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

This doesn't look right to me. Why block off the coolant pipe from the head and get rid of the expansion tank etc? Too much for the sake of a "clean bay"...

IMAG0515.jpg

I like the sticker :)

IMAG0518.jpg

Got arches?

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

A couple of R8s were there. This one was particularly eye catching!

IMAG0516.jpg

And then we were all tired (it was a 5.30 start to the day).

IMAG0521.jpg

a2Ui-cQvlhaAeUSScTg-kL2EYOSLBREYryb2jlsioKg=w1471-h832-no

ud is what it is, first real show of the season and always has some eyeball bleeders....but I kinda like that, I like the trailer queen cars inside, it is a show after all, and love the team displays outside if you chat to people you can get some great info, seen these two brunty, looking good fella

but I also love the 18 year old just passed his test and his first thought is wheels and slamming, or anything that will get me noticed going into the car park, its what makes ud so fun. some are clever some are just plain awful but I could sit and watch these all day

but I love the fact its accessible to all ages and tastes. don't get me wrong if I went to any other pure concours show and it was the same I would be disappointed

I just hope it stays pure vag as a few others creep'd in this year and before you know it its just a complete chav fest

M585 KDG is my mates old Corrado. It's the best sounding VR6 I've ever heard!!

M585 KDG is my mates old Corrado. It's the best sounding VR6 I've ever heard!!

Lance your mate? It does sound particularly good, actually the noise was one of the reasons I got the VR over a G60 :)

Yes Lance and his brother Jon :-) was good to see it's still looking good, only thing we noticed different was the centre caps.

Lol, yes the center caps - the speedline ones were falling apart, and I had a set of lotus caps lying around.

The only work I've really done on the car is under the skin, brakes and suspension geometry mostly. Oh and a few electrical gremlins...

Great car though, I'm still loving it :)

I'd have brought it had I been after one. Stick some photos up on the pdc facebook page (link in my signature) im sure Lance will be happy to see that it's being looked after :-)