Jim

Corrado on Wheeler Dealers will happen!

Was at the NEC this evening prepping the CCGB stand for the Restoration Show this weekend when I noticed right opposite our stand a lovely black Mustang so went to admire it. Soon realised the guy prepping it was none other than Mike Brewer.

Had a bit of a chat - what a thoroughly nice guy and was happy to talk to me and a few other Corrado guys despite trying to crack on with detailing his lovely Mustang.

Told us they had bought a Corrado G60 a few years back with a blown charger that was going to be in the show but unbeknownst to him the production team sold it on again.

He assures me a Corrado IS on the list and it definitely will happen some day.

Really nice guy and was good to chat to him. I told him we will all be looking forward to seeing a Corrado on Wheeler Dealers!

Thought you and Eric were coming to Browns tonight?

Ian.

There appears to have been some communications failure there Ian :( Looks like we will see you tomorrow.

Sorry Ian for not showing up at Browns tonight :(

Prepping cars took a wee hit longer than expected, given we didn't turn up till around 18:30 (and that was despite me leaving work earlier than usual). All will be sorted for tomorrow night.

Yes, fancy that, Mike needing a bit of rag from one of us C-folk to further detail his Mustang!

Not wanting to spoil the show yet (have taken quite a few pics tonight), here's the one of the Mustang:

2014-04-11%2018.44.39.jpg

Tempest

Tempest

It would probably be better it being on a G60 Neil especially when you throw in the dwindling no's of them

My thinking exactly mate:cool: In references, it's always the VR6 (And more often than not, the storm) that gets a mention. Nothing against the VR6 of course, but it's about time the ol' G60 had it's 5 mins of fame.

The G60 I had all be it for a short period I should never have got rid of but like most thing's in life you learn toooooo late and I can say this with total conviction with possibly Baron even backing me up it would easily show a VR6 a clean pair of heel's it was V quick.

Indeed. I had a G60 pushing over 200BHP for a while and it was great fun :) Would be nice to see the G60 get a bit more recognition.

I have no idea what power mine was Jim but with the Bahn Brenner Charger it was savagely quick it would be good if it was a G60 considering the slippery slope the no's of them seem's to be on but any recognition is welcome even if it was an 8v

Here here.

Late style G60 too Jim :cool: They are great fun, I like to call them 'Highly strung' in comparison to the VR lol. Would love one of each ideally (Maybe if I lose my mind one day) though I'd especially like a really early LHD G60!

Look forward to seeing Corrado featured on the show either way, be funny to see if they have to fix the usual stuff lol.

Hopefully it's true but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the story they tell all enthusiasts eager for their car to be on the programme.

2014-04-11%2018.44.39.jpg

Tempest

Tempest

You appear to have used a potato to take that picture :bonk::bonk::suprised::scrambleup::lol::awesome::p

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much chaps - Mike Brewer has a very slight problem with the definition of the words "truth" and "reality". I'm not saying it'll never happen but just don't get too excited

He didnt detail the full mustang and then give it a good bang with his hand did he? or sit on it with his jeans on or do a tap dance on the roof ?

GO ON THEN Baaaag aaaaa saaaand

Made a point of chatting to Edd China today too - again very approachable nice guy :) Of course, asked the Corrado question. Again he seemed pretty enthusiastic and he hoped within the next couple of years. Says he'd love to do a VR6 or a G60, specifically liked the thought of a doing up a Nugget Yellow G60 - we'll wait and see what happens I guess :)

I do really like wheeler dealers but a G60 on wheeler dealers would be amazing for my bragging rights with mates 8)

I wonder how many G60's are left in the uk now ? and actually still running PG block + G-ladder ? cant be many since the 20v trend

I wonder how many G60's are left in the uk now ? and actually still running PG block + G-ladder ? cant be many since the 20v trend

Numbers are certainly dwindling, and only 1,984 were sold in the UK to start with. Corrado G60 History :thumbleft: I started a Corrado G60 Owners Register to try and build an idea of numbers etc.

Neil.

Had a nice catch up with Edd and he said yep he will try and get a Corrado done. Funnily enough they're looking to buy a flash red 93 VR6 on RHs :lol:

As I said on the Wheels Day thread - I've known Edd for the best part of 25 years and chatting with him with people coming and asking for his autograph is such a strange feeling. The nice thing is he is exactly the same Edd I met all those years ago and the "fame" hasn't changed him one little bit.

I think it is because he is such an affable big guy and he is good with car's/mechanic's which most of us can relate to. Sell it to them Jamie (but do a deal that you get to buy it back at cost with all the work done) :thumbleft: Result

Numbers are certainly dwindling, and only 1,984 were sold in the UK to start with.

Really ? i never new so few were sold .