clumpy1

Price's on the rise???

Up until recently, this G60 was not factory stock, it had 4pots, 17" alloys and Koni suspension... hardly straight out the tin

Drewie on here has a standard and mint g60 in red...

Not seen this one Micheal any link's?

just purchased this paid 15k flat, gonna rag it round the local estate just to **** you all off :dance:

ahhh an injection of comedy, love it lol

Very nice, so is that worth £15K?

I'm not sure ANY Corrado is worth £15k to be honest, even the very nicest ones in the country. The only one I'd think was worth that is the one in the Karmann museum that I don't think has ever gone out on the roads. It's completely immaculate and as new.

got to keep these boys apart some how :thumbleft:

Yeah a light hearted post now and again doesn't go amiss sometimes :)

Me...Satin Silver as it left the factory.

Any pics?

Any pics?

I have not driven my G60 for 2 years (bar to the MOT last month).

The only mod it has is the alarm. Even the stereo (until I pulled it out) & exhaust is original.

I'll post some pics up soon when I have had a chance to clean and sort the minor bodywork issues.

But should I keep it standard?

I think it's all down to personal preference. If you like the car standard then keep it that way. Some people (me included) like to make slight changes like suspension, wheels, exhaust, brakes. Changes that can easily be put back to standard if required.

Others have gone further and replaced original engines with different items or supercharged/ turbo'd n/a engines.

IMO in the long run, the more original the car is, the more valuable it will be. And I think the more modified they are, the less desirable they will be in the future. But that's just my thoughts!

Edited by diarmaid16

The only mod it has is the alarm. Even the stereo (until I pulled it out) & exhaust is original.

I'll post some pics up soon when I have had a chance to clean and sort the minor bodywork issues.

But should I keep it standard?

You should do what you like with it. If you regard it as a future investment then I'd don't stray too far from factory spec or do anything that can't be reversed easily and don't sell off standard parts if you do mod it. Period mods won't put off a purist, but Halfords wheels will. Before and after pics of work done will help when you come to sell it so a build thread is a good idea.

Enjoy the car while you still can:)

Up until recently, this G60 was not factory stock, it had 4pots, 17" alloys and Koni suspension... hardly straight out the tin

What, the £15K one?

Well that kind of ruins it's provenance then really. I would only pay that sort of money (well, £10K max) for a car like that *if* if was 100% never ever tampered with in any way.

I saw a mini 850 rebuilt as a 998 cooper last year at auction sell for £27k

If you follow the classic car scene then you'll realise it's all about keeping the car original and in excellent working condition.

As has already been said, if you make any modifications make sure they are easily reversible with no evidence (damage) that anything was modified.

So keep those original bits if you do modify it!

I'm in it for the car. Not the money. Never going to win if the whole time your building something with the thought of it being sold to someone else in the future.

Cars are for enjoying. Never going to get that enjoyment trying to invent some sort of collectors item. We are that buyer.

But should I keep it standard ?

At the end of the day it's the car owners decision . There will always be a market for modified cars and always one for standard . As others have said , the Corrado looks lovely as it was meant to be and it looks great with a few subtle modifications . My preference is just that and I think the standard in touched car will always be more in demand . Mine is like a lot of others on here , bump strips removed ( just makes the body work flow ). Painted door handles . I also had the back end weld filled and painted , again , it makes the body look smooth . Others may disagree but I think the older you get , the more you leave things alone ? . I admit when I first bought mine , I fitted angel eye headlights to it , they lasted a month ! And I went back to standard . It's been said a million times before , if we all did the same things it would be boring . Personally if I had a mint g60 I would leave it alone , but that's my choice . I can remember back in 2009 I think it was corrado Sunderland (lol) had a g60 Jet , a very rare specimen indeed . He wanted to put a 1.8 T in it and so many people said no leave it alone .

I'm in it for the car. Not the money. Never going to win if the whole time your building something with the thought of it being sold to someone else in the future.

Cars are for enjoying. Never going to get that enjoyment trying to invent some sort of collectors item. We are that buyer.

That's very much my opinion too. Personally I prefer a standard car with a few minor modifications but that's just personal preference on the way the Corrado looks. Within reason I'd rather enjoy the car than worry about its future value.

To be honest I don't think that they were worth £23k new.

But my Storm is totally std @130k needs paintwork, no rot!, does this mean I have a £9k+ car sitting on my drive? Er . . . No.