little_miss_naughty

Replacement sunroof

You can use a VW Passat for this no idea what year ect! moonroof conversion seems to sping to mind ??? im sure its been done loads , mine doesn't have its original colour coded sunroof

I think there is an ibiza one you can use. The mk3 will fit but the curve on it won't match the Corrado at all.

I hate to be the search nazi guy, but in this case, there is a full thread on this kicking about somewhere. If I wasn't on my tablet I'd link it to you. :-)

I bought a complete sunroof & mech from a Mk3 golf estate, swapped the glass for the original corrado panel and re-fitted it. Works great :)

Just wondering if any has tried a Passat b4 cl sunroof in a Corrado? Or does anyone know if it'll fit? Tried a couple different sunroofs but none have fit exactly yet and getting tired of removing and fitting them. Any advice would be amazing.

Just wondering if any has tried a Passat b4 cl sunroof in a Corrado? Or does anyone know if it'll fit? Tried a couple different sunroofs but none have fit exactly yet and getting tired of removing and fitting them. Any advice would be amazing.

quote roger blassberg

B4 (1994 - 1997) Passat glass sunroof especially from an estate fits almost perfectly. They are more reliable than the Corrado too.

Best wishes

RB

Edit: that was copied from 2 posts above yours kev ;)

I beg to differ on the Passat roof reliability. I have a Passat Estate roof in my VAG junk room with a snapped cable guide. They break in exactly the same way the Corrado ones do.

Thanks guys. Found a Passat b4 saloon and an Ibiza mk2 hatchback. Not sure on the year of the Passat but the Ibiza is a 97. Also found a mk1 Toledo 1993 but it is a manual sunroof. Not sure if I could convert it to an electric with the Corrado vr6 motor. Any suggestions what the best choice would be?

I can only base my opinion on 20 years of B4 Passat ownership and 10 years of Corrado.

The B4 sunroof has been completely reliable even though it has never been overhauled, re-lubricated or anything.

The Corrado has , er, not.

Best wishes

RB

I've got a passat one I'll be selling, was fitted to a corrado and worked perfectly before it was scrapped. Will get an ad sorted out tomorrow.

I've read how the Skoda Oktavia glass roof fits but does anyone know if you can just change the glass panelfor the metal panel on a rado mechanism?