EJ Taylor

What oil do you use in your sc vr6?

tried this before will little success,

not after an essay just a few letters/numbers as to what oil you put/recommend in a supercharged vr6 with extensive mods running 314+bhp

all the best!

Edited by EJ Taylor

I used Syntha Silver 10w40 without any issues. Still run it now

Previously (for the last 12 years) I've used Mobil 1 Motorsport 15w/50, but this is now getting hard to get hold of.

So now I mix in a 50/50 ratio, Mobil 1 New Life 0w/40 and Mobil 1 Extended Life 10w/60. Giving an overall fully synthetic viscosity of 5w/50. IMHO this is an ideal oil/viscosity for a VR6.

Edited by DriverVR6

The first time we answered this wasn't enough for you then?

with all due respect Ken i kind of wanted a wide range of feedback and it was only yourself that answered! dont take that the wrong way i still appreciate your advice!

lol... new profile picture required.. and username.. he's been Kevin Bacon for way too long.

with all due respect Ken i kind of wanted a wide range of feedback and it was only yourself that answered! dont take that the wrong way i still appreciate your advice!

Ken_Barlow_(2008).jpg

Quite a few amusing Ken's actually..

3770192.png.jpeg

Sorry your thread has been derailed EJ Taylor!! ;)

Ken Barlow reckoned 10W/50 Silkolene Pro S is the best, but Ken Dodd told him to shove that and thinks Castrol Edge 10W/60 is better. Then Ken frickin Block stuck his oar in with Millers 10W/60 Nanotec stuff. "Kenny from the Block" reckons Mobil 1 5W/50 Motorsport is the dogs, and then Ken Hom threw his Wok out of the pram and insisted on Motul 300V.

We've gone off on a Corrado forum tangent. They are such a rarity these days. Let's dig out the "Angel Eyes" thread again :lol: