ChrisL

ChrisL's Classic Green Storm

Wow

Just saw this thread

Look at the mirror bodywork!

One truly mint car owned by a truly dedicated owner!

Love the story about u at dealers under the Scirroco :) :) :)

Dedication=Perfection 8)

Dedication + Skill = Perfection

I'm pretty dedicated but don't have a clue! Lol

Good to see you at the weekend Chris. Great news that you have decided to slam it with big rims & putting a HUGE turbo on ;)

You'll run out of things to do soon Chris! :thumbleft:

thats what mates are for..... to provide more :D

Good to see you Sunday Sean

thats what mates are for..... to provide more :D

Good to see you Sunday Sean

And you mate! :thumbleft:

Dedication=Perfection 8)

Dedication + Skill = Perfection

I'm pretty dedicated but don't have a clue! Lol

It's more patience and camera so I know how things go back together!

You'll run out of things to do soon Chris! :thumbleft:

Hopefully Sean. Your car looks great mate, top work.

Good to see you at the weekend Chris. Great news that you have decided to slam it with big rims & putting a HUGE turbo on ;)

Yeah it was good to catch up. Cheers for the ride down there. Will 20" spinners fit? Oh and flames are the way forward.

Yeah it was good to catch up. Cheers for the ride down there. Will 20" spinners fit? Oh and flames are the way forward.

My pleasure mate, was a good laugh.

Flames would really work. Just like that very slick Clio we saw.

No updates really other then a first place at Stanford Hall, really chuffed scoring 132 out of 140!

Went to a local classic meet last night and stopped by my local VW for a quick pic:

IMG_1810_zpsdj4u0agh.jpg

Looking great Chris and so glad this car ended up with you :) There were always a few things that I wanted to see done when Chris Gaskell had it but alas the amount of time he used it he couldn't see the point, i'm sure he'll be looking down thankful the standard has improved even more.

Concours Judging is about finding the little things that are wrong rather than what is right and there are only a few little niggles with this car that I can remember, so small are they that it's often best to leave them as they are.

Anything above 130 points out of 140 is exceptional.

Looks fantastic chris it really is like a new car !! Whens the next meet at humber , ill try make it in mine :)

Next one is in July Matt, I'll let you know. Catch up before then though as I need to see your car.

What did you loose points on? I have pretty much no idea on what kind of detail they judge to.

Mud flaps aren't standard but mainly the engine bay (although it did get 17 out of 20).

Looking great Chris and so glad this car ended up with you :) There were always a few things that I wanted to see done when Chris Gaskell had it but alas the amount of time he used it he couldn't see the point, i'm sure he'll be looking down thankful the standard has improved even more.

Concours Judging is about finding the little things that are wrong rather than what is right and there are only a few little niggles with this car that I can remember, so small are they that it's often best to leave them as they are.

Anything above 130 points out of 140 is exceptional.

Cheers Kip, would love to know what those few things are that you would have liked to have seen done. I want this to be as good as yours.

Hi Chris, the mudflaps and the drain pipes were a couple of them lol! the laquer in the bay and the koni's being yellow so you're almost there mate to be honest, I always like to see the brakes looking oe too :) looks superb buddy and gutted we missed Stanford as would have loved to have seen the car again.

89917a4618c7017f616aff5f7c6cd39f.jpg

Quick picture from my last show of the year, was chosen to be displayed in the hot 20 line up!

Car's now Sorn'd After quite a busy 6 months, will update with the details shortly!!!

First job is to strip the rear beam to get it recoated.

Edited by ChrisL