JD Westy

Body Side Rubber Moulding Strips

OK guys I was run into on the motorway last night by a 4 x 4 . Superficial damage a few scratches and rubbed through the laquare. But the rubber moulding will need replacing. Anyone know if this is still available from VW? I suspect not......failing that anyone got any mint moulding drivers side door and rear quarter?

There's a door trim on e-bay the rear quarter I can get genuine VW from Heritage. They have a left door trim but no drivers side's

If you get really stuck , there is a breakers on my way to work so if you give them a call I don't mind picking them up & posting them for you (obviously you'd have to pay for postage). You never know they might post it for you, I know they have some parts already on Ebay already.

VW & Audi Recycled Parts Centre

Tel 01903 850924

If your having to get some paint work done on you drivers side, get them to colour code the Moulding at the same time. Make them look so much better.

Rory

Just remove them all. Looks much cleaner imo except on light coloured cars where it helps to break it up a little.

yeah Sean . Did a search for Corrados with body coloured trim and prefer them without . Dilemma I have is do I want to keep car as close to factory as possible or do I start modifying above what I was planning. ...

It'll buy you time to get a decent set of replacements. I agree about not modifying too much though. I've kept mine to put back on if/when I sell should the buyer desire. Always nice to have that option.

The thing with this mod is , it can always be put back if you wanted . I removed mine before painting . As Sean says the lines look very sleek and smooth without them . But you can always put them back , simples .

Been having a good think about this......and my conclusion is that the original design when drawn up wouldn't I,m sure have featured the mouldings.....so taking them off gets you closer to the image in the designers head. It undoubtedly improves the aesthetics and as you say Rob the cars lines are clearly visible. Incidently did US spec cars come with the moulding? A lot of the images on the net show them without..... Anyway I,m sold on the idea : )

Just i case you changed your mind,there is a driver side door moulding on Ebay 361098533762.

Rory

I have been looking into taking mine off the car. Looking at photos with them removed does look good.

On the other hand they do actually stop rubs scuffs and knocks to the door panels.

Reading the first post a car ran into the side on the motorway and resulted in slight paint damage and sacrificed the mouldings.

Would it be correct to say that if they were not on the car at the time that there would have been a more damage and a much bigger repair bill?

Not so sure now as my car is my daily.