neil20vtc

amazon sent me too much stuff!

was expecting a parcel from amazon today with a torque wrench in, someone from the office at work told me my parcel had arrived and was bloody heavy i thought how heavy can one be? they then brought the parcel through for me and when i opened it there was ten inside!

now some of you may be thinking nice one get em sold on make some money, as i did but i also have a conscience and also i had seen something on the web recently when amazon sent loads of stuff to the wrong address and they let them keep it because they were honest about it so i thought id let them know an see what happens well they just said cheers send them back to us and just emailed me a label and are expecting me to take them to the post office! bit of a cheek when its there mistake

so yeah feelin a bit miffed at that im hoping that once there returned they may offer me some kind of reward but i wont hold my breath least i can sleep easy and hopefully karma will reward me in some way well thats what im telling myself!

so if this happend to any of you what would you have done?

was expecting a parcel from amazon today with a torque wrench in, someone from the office at work told me my parcel had arrived and was bloody heavy i thought how heavy can one be? they then brought the parcel through for me and when i opened it there was ten inside!

now some of you may be thinking nice one get em sold on make some money, as i did but i also have a conscience and also i had seen something on the web recently when amazon sent loads of stuff to the wrong address and they let them keep it because they were honest about it so i thought id let them know an see what happens well they just said cheers send them back to us and just emailed me a label and are expecting me to take them to the post office! bit of a cheek when its there mistake

so yeah feelin a bit miffed at that im hoping that once there returned they may offer me some kind of reward but i wont hold my breath least i can sleep easy and hopefully karma will reward me in some way well thats what im telling myself!

so if this happend to any of you what would you have done?

I'd have emailed them back and said really sorry I miscounted there's only nine extra and send one to Jamie c/o Euronite Ltd.

In all seriousness I'd do and have done the same thing. I bought a bmx and saddle a few years back and when I got the invoice I had only been charged for the saddle. Rang the guy (he was an independant and I'd had plenty of bits off him in the past) and told him and never even got a thanks just "Oh right we'll get that sorted this afternoon" Cheeky get!

Id say youve sent to many if you want them back then come get them , if they dont turn up within a month then tell them again and if there not bothered then fill your boots

If it was sent from Amazon I would definitely keep them. I hate Amazon with a passion, so wouldn't feel bad int he slightest.

If it was a private seller/small business on Amazon marketplace, I'd send back without question.

If it was sent from Amazon I would definitely keep them. I hate Amazon with a passion, so wouldn't feel bad int he slightest.

If it was a private seller/small business on Amazon marketplace, I'd send back without question.

Actually yeah thinking about it, if it was Amazon themselves I'd keep them and see it as a tax on them

Happened to me once as well with some hunting gear from the states.

First set came through no issues as ordered. A week or so later a second set then eventually a 3rd. Phoned cabellas up and they said just keep them as it costs as much to deliver back. So sold a set on ebay and got 2 sets for 1/3rd of the price of 1 set from uk dealers.

Happy Chappy.

Well I think it was amazons supplier have posted the box of ten to me instead of to amazons distribution centre as the inner box had that address on it

My girlfriend thought I should have just kept them but it's done now the way I'm going to look at it is I normally have the worst luck with things being delivered either not turning up not on time or the wrong thing turning up, now if me returning the extra wrenches means someone gets the one they needed to do some work on there car whilst of over the Christmas period then sending them back was worth it

Bit of a cheek of them to make you lug them back to the post office. Definitely the right thing to tell them though. Given it's Amazon and they make more than enough money and shirk their tax responsibilities in this country, I'd at least do as others have said - tell them they're gonna need to come get them as you're too busy to lug a heavy box back to the post office.