sexybourbon

Spal fan wiring and constant full speed dash switch

Ok so heres some pics of how i made my loom

Ill try explain it as i post them for anyone as useless as i am

I used 20amp cable and piggy back spade connectors ( there like a normal female spade with a male curled over the top so you can make two connections in one go !!)

Started by cutting six equal lengths of cable 400mm long

And connecting them in to twos like this

[ATTACH]81135[/ATTACH]

Then i shrink wrapped them together so the was all neat like this

[ATTACH]81136[/ATTACH]

And these are the piggyback spades after they was all wrapped and heat shrinked

[ATTACH]81137[/ATTACH]

Then cut two of the wires a bit shorter and then another two a bit shorter than the last so they was staggered ! I then marked them and cut the sleve off so they could be soldered

You can see where iv already done two connections and where the other two are ready for soldering

[ATTACH]81138[/ATTACH]

I made sure that i heat shrank every joint i made so its really waterproof

Thats the lives done so that each each one works as it should when the ecu kicks them in like it should and there is two lives there one for each fan if your running two

Next you need the two negetives for both fans so just ad another piggy back connector and you have your two wires for both negatives on the two fans

[ATTACH]81139[/ATTACH]

Thats was added to the loom and the wrapped up in proper loom tape for exta protection against the elements

It should look something like this when finished

[ATTACH]81140[/ATTACH]

One connection for each live on the fans and one neg for each fan

Note i marked the end of the negative with a black marker so i knew which was live and what was negative because once its taped up you cant tell

[ATTACH]81141[/ATTACH]

Its probably a bit long winded that and a little over the top but i thought id share just incase anyone struggles in the future and needs spals as lets face it your origionals arent going to last for ever haha

So did you just plug one end into the existing fan plug on corrado wiring? I'm thinking of cutting off the existing connectors

I did use some daft conectors in case i ever wanted to go back but realised thats never gonna happen

So i chopped the loom end and made it a constant join in the wires then made them with connectors on the spal end so if they need to come out with the rad they can be taken off

As for the fans id go with the first as long as its a sukker not a blower as it moves more air that the second ,i think the new curved blades are just a step up in tech really and a more efficient and quiet

Got this sorted now, although haven't been able to test anything yet.

Bought superseal connectors and some thinwall wire

20150823_144853.jpg

Pretty much made the same as you, split the 3 lives from fan controller so each had two wires coming off it (used Duraseal connectors), then joined one of each of the new ones into 1 wire again using the duraseals, so that meant just having one wire into the superseal connector.

20150824_203619.jpg

Wrapped the loom in tape then added some ducting

20150825_194341.jpg

Then added the superseals to the fans

20150825_194328.jpg

I found them great to use, just put the parts together in the correct order etc, i watched a quick youtube video first.

Just an FYI guys, I went to scrappy over the weekend and found a seat alahambra, on the ones with the single radiator fans they have the opposite side of the corrado fan plug so you can create an oem loom... Which I intend to do!

You can also find them on ford galaxy's and vw sharan's of a similar age. Will sort a loom out and post when done. Also have 2 sides of a newer vw plug but pins are slightly smaller :-(

Just an FYI guys, I went to scrappy over the weekend and found a seat alahambra, on the ones with the single radiator fans they have the opposite side of the corrado fan plug so you can create an oem loom... Which I intend to do!

You can also find them on ford galaxy's and vw sharan's of a similar age. Will sort a loom out and post when done. Also have 2 sides of a newer vw plug but pins are slightly smaller :-(

That's a properly good find Dave, nice one :)

Yeah that's them. Although there was another 11inch fan they sold which seemed the same but had a higher amount of air it shifted. I got that one.

Got this sorted now, although haven't been able to test anything yet.

Bought superseal connectors and some thinwall wire

20150823_144853.jpg

Pretty much made the same as you, split the 3 lives from fan controller so each had two wires coming off it (used Duraseal connectors), then joined one of each of the new ones into 1 wire again using the duraseals, so that meant just having one wire into the superseal connector.

20150824_203619.jpg

Wrapped the loom in tape then added some ducting

20150825_194341.jpg

Then added the superseals to the fans

20150825_194328.jpg

Where did you get this lot from?

I think it was fob a website called vehicle wiring products.

Perfect. Is this the link earlier I the thread

I'm not sure. I think i just linked to where i bought my fans from. I can confirm it all works as it should. Done about 2500miles since fitting them.

They push a lot of air, might try and measure the speed as i was impressed when i put my hand behind them.