sexybourbon

Spal fan wiring and constant full speed dash switch

I'm not sure. I think i just linked to where i bought my fans from. I can confirm it all works as it should. Done about 2500miles since fitting them.

They push a lot of air, might try and measure the speed as i was impressed when i put my hand behind them.

Bugger.. just looked on the wiring website and cant find any of them clips

Got this sorted now, although haven't been able to test anything yet.

Bought superseal connectors and some thinwall wire

20150823_144853.jpg

Pretty much made the same as you, split the 3 lives from fan controller so each had two wires coming off it (used Duraseal connectors), then joined one of each of the new ones into 1 wire again using the duraseals, so that meant just having one wire into the superseal connector.

20150824_203619.jpg

Wrapped the loom in tape then added some ducting

20150825_194341.jpg

Then added the superseals to the fans

20150825_194328.jpg

Jim have you got these images that you could post up again (due to the photobucket issue now!)?

Thanks

Edited by fla

thanks for that, useful. You don't by any chance have a pic of the other end that connects to the main harness?

I don't think i have, am sure i followed a guide in this thread. Basically 4 wires from the corrado loom, one is earth the other three are all live (one for each fan speed).

I just added two new bits of wires to each one, so that they could then connect to each of the two fans, (they only have a live and an earth)

AHA!

this is what I was looking for! I was just searching this on google! where did you get the kit Jim?

I can't remember now, bought the fans from one place, the brackets from someone on here and the wiring i think came from vehicle wiring products

I can't remember now, bought the fans from one place, the brackets from someone on here and the wiring i think came from vehicle wiring products

Ahh ok no worries... any chance you could list the fan specs?

Anyone remember who made the brackets?

I took photos of the part numbers, can see them in the pics, tbh i've run the car with just the bigger fan connected and it works fine.

I can't remember who i got the brackets from, but am sure i've made a cad drawing of them in case any wants to get some laser cut.

ChrisL had the brackets made through his work although not sure he would be prepared to do it again, you'll have to ask. Other than that any machine shop with a laser should be able to do it.

My fans are revotec from Burton power. Think they are all pretty much the same, just make sure you get correct push/pull direction. Not sure whether it matters as it's just a case of reversing polarity but just so you are aware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are you also getting three different speeds or a variation on how many fans come on?

Mine are wired up for flat out on all speeds, it's just my luck to mess with unnecessary resistors and end up setting my car on fire. Someone with a better knowledge will know better

By the way does anyone know the part number for an opposite connector from the fan control module that gets connected to the original fans? Its with male connections. The connector number from tje fcm is 1H0 973 304, dont know if thats of any help though. Thanks

Its 7M0 973 334 (looks like http://audi.afora.ru/images/Tnrpics/7M0973334.jpg) and comes from VW Sharan's and I think ford galaxy's. I was told at the time I was looking for 1 they were on back order but that was years ago. I got mine from scrapyard, they are on single fan setups as below, I might even have a spare one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SHARAN-SEAT-ALHAMBRA-FORD-GALAXY-1-9TDI-ENGINE-RADIATOR-COOLING-FAN-COMPLETE/123752373824?hash=item1cd0375e40:g:mYwAAOSwA05czF0W

If you come across a twin fan mk5 golf and think they are the same, don’t bother Hassan they are slightly smaller and will not fit, I know 100% tried today. Cheapest error I’ve made cost £2 .

Thanks for the heads up on that Shaun!

Edit: Actually, could it be worth swopping both sides to use the Mk5 connectors? I cant seem to remove the pins from the existing corrado one, despite having all manner of pin removal tools, so any pointers would be useful

Its 7M0 973 334 (looks like http://audi.afora.ru/images/Tnrpics/7M0973334.jpg) and comes from VW Sharan's and I think ford galaxy's. I was told at the time I was looking for 1 they were on back order but that was years ago. I got mine from scrapyard, they are on single fan setups as below, I might even have a spare one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SHARAN-SEAT-ALHAMBRA-FORD-GALAXY-1-9TDI-ENGINE-RADIATOR-COOLING-FAN-COMPLETE/123752373824?hash=item1cd0375e40:g:mYwAAOSwA05czF0W

Swift? Would you be interested in parting with the other connector?

By the way how do you de-pin the connector from the fan control module? Doesn't seem to have standard locking arms...

You can't swap the pins across as they are a different size, ask me how I know...

I'll have another look but I'm fairly sure you just de-pin them like normal, although I think the standard durite multi tool is too short from memory

Lmao ^^^^^^

I think swiftkid is right I could feel it doing something when I pushed my single pin in, need another single to push into the hole on the other side of the spade and it should pull out, but I haven’t got one yet. Have you worked out what you are going to do with wiring once you get a plug solution Hasan.