paceo

so this is how a courier treats my corrado engine i had delivered!! ****ed off!

here are some of the pictures of the corrado vr6 engine to go in my smokey golf, first of all i am not blaming the guy that sent it so please dont think i am aiming this at him, but obviously i didn't book it so i need to chase him up on a claim with the courier company, why on earth should i pay for these new parts? i am friggin peed off to say the least, the cellophane packaging on the top of the engine was soaked to the brim in oil also. have a look here guys at the pictures how its been treated, i put red text in the pictures which is kind of hard to read, so put the text above the pictures! ive not had a proper chance to look for more damage, the coilpack was on it, now its missing as is all the history of the engine, reciepts of new parts etc....! :mad2:

other side of pallet damaged

zzzzzzzzz_zpsharc0nwg.jpg

pallet smashed in places, maybe dropped.

zzzz_zpskd1xy727.jpg

coilpack now missing, coilpack bolts badly bent.

z_zps7syrksmx.jpg

engine covered heavily in oil, this is the engine on its back, no oil would leak out this way, engine was emptied prior to putting it on a pallet, you can see the oil sensors are bent backwards, hence i believe another engine was put on-top of it, cellophane packaging was soaked in engine oil.

zzzzz_zpspgi1wr5t.jpg

alternator cracked and bolt slightly bent / wiggly now, dipstick bent heavily, again something heavy like an engine has been put on-top of this.

zzzzzz_zps69gcfkkc.jpg

my other spare vr6 engine, this is how the dipstick should be, not like the one on the damaged engine.

zzzzzzz_zps3uj2nm5i.jpg

protecting tyres full to the brim in engine oil, im guessing another engine has been sitting on-top of this, as alternator, dipstick and sensors are damaged.

zzz_zpsxqhs8bgx.jpg

top rocker cover plastics now broken.

zz_zpsz9topo3i.jpg

engine side plastics broken on corner.

zzzzzzzzzzz_zpsydmmvcjc.jpg

Edited by paceo

Oh jees that's not good at all! Hope you have success with the courier insurance. I'd be well hacked off too!

i am seriously ****ed off! insurance will cover him, just waiting to hear back from him. i have not got the money to pay for new bits!

That's absolutely ridiculous :( Fingers crossed you have luck in getting some compensation!

There's no way they would have collected it if covered in oil, they'd reject it. Did the seller have any pics of it packed? I always do that to cover my own ass when selling something.

oh no!

I put an engine on a pallet, all was fine until I tried the rachet straps, it started to rip the pallet apart. That might of caused some of the damage to your engine. Especially if it got picked up by the straps.

Also, I emptied mine of oil, but its really hard to get it all out. I left mine in the air for a few days with the sump off so it could drip out. But once on pallet a load of oil come out again while it was being stored.

holy mary that is truly awful!!

i cant imagine your anger & dismay

really hope you manage to sort it out, best of luck

oh no!

I put an engine on a pallet, all was fine until I tried the rachet straps, it started to rip the pallet apart. That might of caused some of the damage to your engine. Especially if it got picked up by the straps.

Also, I emptied mine of oil, but its really hard to get it all out. I left mine in the air for a few days with the sump off so it could drip out. But once on pallet a load of oil come out again while it was being stored.

the straps looked ok, engine was sitting exhaust manifolds down on the pallet, but absolutely soaked in oil on the top (oil cooler side), protecting tyres filled to the brim in oil!! its clearly had impact damage.

i think you're right, they've either thrown it around or put another engine on top to save space. Its worth itemising the replacement parts costs, the price of the coilpack alone will make them realise its not a laughing matter.

i think you're right, they've either thrown it around or put another engine on top to save space. Its worth itemising the replacement parts costs, the price of the coilpack alone will make them realise its not a laughing matter.

well the plastic cellophane on top of the engine was soaked in oil!! how else would it get there?

Good thinking Hasan .

well, the guy i bought it off has not replied for a few days now, he has to raise a claim! i paid by paypal goods, but i really dont want to set a claim up on his behalf, but i cant do anything as he booked the pallet.

Can't you raise a PayPal complaint? You should have grounds to do that..

That is really taking the p**S that. Shocking service. As jim says get in touch with paypal now, and put them in the picture i certainly would.

I feel your pain I really do.

We had a fell set of suspension go missing for 2 weeks when we ordered from PSI and delivery by UPS.

Eventually turned up, no apology from UPS and no compensation for having the car off the road. I really hope you have better luck

If the seller isn't responding to you anymore than really that leaves you with no choice, get in touch with PayPal asap! Was it from eBay?

spoke to the guy, they have sourced the ecu and coilpack apparently, seller said the other damage is minimal, ummm i don't expect to pay for goods and recieve them broken, engine plastics are about £30, alternator bolt is now wiggle and cracked and oil sensors are a fair penny!

If you are not entirely satisfied with his offering challenge the seller. If he won't play go through PayPal. The seller employed the courier and promised an item that you did not get. Don't leave it too late to use PayPal to register a complaint either.

How do you know the ecu and coil pack haven't been damaged too?

If the seller isn't willing to come to an agreement you're happy with then go straight to PayPal, it may not be his fault the courier has caused the damage but ultimately it's his responsibility!

I worked in the delivery game for 12 years and if we broke it we paid for it, period. That's why they have insurance = Goods not recieved as you ordered damaged in transit.

Seek advice from Pay Pal.

I worked in the delivery game for 12 years and if we broke it we paid for it, period. That's why they have insurance = Goods not recieved as you ordered damaged in transit.

Seek advice from Pay Pal.

guy has not replied and im losing my patience, he replied to me there not worth much, but if you add a alternator, oil sensors up and engine covers it is not cheap!

That's nonsense, of course its worth something. Its immaterial how much you paid. You need replacement parts for everything that's missing or damaged. You're not replacing parts with some old rubbish that may or may not work you will need new or nearly new replacements and the courier must cover those costs. If you go to VW and get their prices for the items put it in a spreadsheet and send it over to them. Its their responsibility.