Roger Chatfield

Damaged SP263 Cams

Prophetic - I was just thinking about these! How much would you want for these Roger as i wouldnt mind trying to get these repaired via a friend who has various fabrication processes. If it works out ok and if you want them back then just cover the cost of the repair and i'll send them back to you. Does that sound of interest?

Only option is to grind the journals flat again and use oversize bearing caps....but not sure that's doable on a head like it is crank journals as there's no separate bearing.

I remember my neighbour t cutting his crank telling me he was fixing similar damage. Feel sorry for whoever bought that car.

Not to **** on your chips re the sale, but is it really worth the possible expense of engine damage repairing those cams?

Not to **** on your chips re the sale, but is it really worth the possible expense of engine damage repairing those cams?

Agree , for the sake of 300 quid for some new cams compared to the amount of damage it could cause and the repair bill if it does ! Id just source another set of second hand 268's

Currently at 99p so I wont actually have a bag of chips for you to **** on...... lol

Rog.

Rog, if you want I can get the affected area's Hard Chrome Plated @ work for you?

Ian, thanks for the kind offer mate but I've had a bid now so they will be sold, hopefully so,done with the correct knowledge will get a bargain.

Rog.