Stonejag

ABS controller (with electronic difflock) - 2 available - SOLD

ABS controller (with electronic difflock) - 2 available

ABS control unit for a 1995 VR6 (with electronic difflock - part number 1H0 907 379 E). 2 available - for some reason one has the sticker on the front and one has it on the back, but they've been like that from factory!

Both tested and working. ?25 posted per unit.

List Date: 4/5/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: ABS controller (with electronic difflock) - 2 available

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

Mobile friendly version: ABS controller (with electronic difflock) - 2 available

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Thanks - I''ll box it up. Any preference as to which one you get?

Which ever, not fussed either way

Are they the same for all late VR's?

Sorry, can't answer that one - there's no chassis number split in ETKA so although they should all be the same it's not for definite. Best bet is to remove the trim panel under the passenger's side of the dash and have a look, it's only a few screws. The ABS controller will be mounted on the outside (against the wing) by three bolts - but you will only need to remove it to check the part number of the sticker's on the back like one of these! Or you could find out over Vag-com if you have a cable.

Stone

I tested one with a 'D' suffix in my car, that came with an 'E'. Both worked as they should so I think they're interchangeable.

Hi Roger,

Short answer is, yes, these are ABS ECUs.

VW realised that they could do something clever in cars equipped with an ABS system - since the ECU is constantly monitoring the rotation speed of all four wheels to detect when one is skidding during braking, they can also tell if wheelspin is occurring during acceleration. In the Corrado system, when you're doing under 25mph the system checks to see if one front wheel is spinning much faster than the other - this indicates that the wheel is slipping (losing traction) and the diff is wasting engine power in spinning that wheel which could be being better used to apply torque to the other. If this happens the ECU tells the ABS pump to apply the brake on that single wheel - this slows its rotation, which means that since torque is conserved in an open diff the other wheel receives more torque, getting the power down more effectively. It's quite a primitive form of traction control but significantly cheaper than fitting a limited-slip diff as standard!

Not all Corrados had this feature, so there are two part numbers: suffix D (without EDL) and suffix E (with EDL). I know of no reason the two should need different sensors or looms - there's only one loom part number listed in ETKA - so my guess is that they're interchangeable, but that is a guess. Late Corrados definitely came with EDL but I don't know when they changed over

Stone

None of the four stud Corrado's fitted with ABS came with this feature ! M/C is the same,but the pump is different ,it'll be interesting to see if they would fit.(not me,I've got traction control)

Is it as high as 25mph? I thought it was 12kmh? It's not a launch assist type system, it's more a help to pull away on snow and sand system.

Where's the ABS ECU situated?

Might be interested in the remaining one if mine is an earlier pre EDL one.

By the front passengers left ankle under the dash forward of the door behind a plastic cover.

If you have edl you'll hear a dinging noise as you wheelspin away from standstill

Where's the ABS ECU situated?

Might be interested in the remaining one if mine is an earlier pre EDL one.

Tony, your has a D suffix. I put it in my car to diagnose my faulty abs but swapped it back after finding mine was good.

Tony, your has a D suffix. I put it in my car to diagnose my faulty abs but swapped it back after finding mine was good.

Nice one Sean. Thanks mate.

Is it as high as 25mph? I thought it was 12kmh? It's not a launch assist type system, it's more a help to pull away on snow and sand system.

Was going from RW1's excellent explanation here: (link).

Looks to me like all VR's should have EDL, plus any other cars that have six valve ports on the ABS pump. If you fit a 'D' model ECU to these then you'll get all the standard ABS features but no EDL. I think.

Stone

I don't know if all that information is particularly relevant to the Corrado though in how it works. He mentions steering angle and there is no known steering angle that the abs system uses.

I know it's all particularly irrelevant anyway. Fact is its should be there on corrados, if it isn't, somebody has been swapping parts around!

Hi stonejag

i will take the remaining one please.

could you PM me payment details

thanks

edit: PM also sent

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Oh my word this panjo cr4p is absoluteley awful!! First time trying to use it & never again

30 minutes trying to send a payment WTF!?

Panjo says im outside of US & errors on post code

sometimes it lets me through to payment but then says my paypal account doesnt have enough funds, despite it being linked to my bank account

then when i try to pay by card the page initially loads a payment screen with option for card info but then switches to a 'create paypal account' page

stonejag - ive PM'd you & im sorry but i cant get the payment to go through. i shall await your PM with info

thanks

My other half picked up the ecu from the post office yesterday (they tried to deliver on Friday but no one was home at the time), all good and well packed, thank you