MZpog

Toyo Proxy T1R's - not recommended.

Fitted a new set of Toyo Proxy T1R's in January and whilst the rears are in pretty good nick, the fronts have probably got 1000 miles left.

Not a bad griping tyre in the dry but poor in the wet.

Doubt I'll be getting them again if I'm only gonna get about 3500 miles from them :epicfail:

Yeah never been a fan of those. Sure it's not your driving that has contributed to the 3500 mile life span? :)

Never, I'm like a vicar on the way to a tea party

I know they are not a real drivers tyre but I really like my Rainsport 3's. They are wearing very well after 7k or so and I've not found a road that makes them struggle unless I'm driving faster than I should be on a public road. They are also really good in the rain. Surprising given their name! A good all round, all weather tyre. I wouldn't choose them if I was a track day driver though, the sidewall is a bit soft.

I will give a thumbs on on the F1's as well. Second set on my misses's A3 3.2 and they offer good grip and decent longevity for a reasonable price. Think I was getting them for 73 quid each of Oponeo.

Never, I'm like a vicar on the way to a tea party

Nice quote made me smile. Must admit I enjoyed them while running hancoock on front as front would let go 1st which was fun. Now got another controversial tyre on Parada spec 2 and they seem great....

Well my 3500 estimate was a bit OTT and having had a closer examination decided they were dead and I wouldn't get another 500 miles. Changed for some Continentals.

Toyo's gave 3000 miles to the wear marks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81643[/ATTACH]

whoa that is rather major!

i thought the avon zv5's were bad, only lasting around 6K

in the VR ive covered about 14K so far on my current bridgestone RE002's on the front & there is still plenty until the wear bar

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Great, i just fitted 4 proxys recently.

people opinions are not set in stone bud, i have/am currently running T1R's and Proxes 4's both great tyres, quality for value is spot on, and a large amount of my friends with similar small high powered cars would agree. Different opinions on tyres all over the tinterwebs so dont be to dis heartened. i once saw a feed back thread saying Nankangs were amazing tyres :cuckoo::lol:

Wet weather performance was a bit interesting and they from new tramlined a bit on acceleration, but dry grip was good. I only paid £150 for the set of 4 so can't really grumble. Mileage a bit too poor for my daily drive and would rather suit a weekend toy.

Plus point using them is the tyre bloke knows me well, gives me good discount and got his minions to wash the tyre soap off my wheels after fitting.

Epic tyres! :thumbleft:

Yep, I'm loving them!! Wet grip is not too great bud I only drive hard in the dry anyway really

I have bridgestone RE002s - really good grip in wet and dry - very happy with these

Yep, I'm loving them!! Wet grip is not too great bud I only drive hard in the dry anyway really

my next set fo shoooo

Another thumbs up for the Yoko Prada spec 2's here, quite cheap as well, think I paid £50 a tyre from Demon Tweaks.

Although back in my CRX days I always ran T1R's, never had a problem with them, awesome grip in the dry.

Rog.

Have to say I've run T1R's on a few of my cars, and I'm on my 2nd set on the 'rado. Yeah they aren't great in the wet, but they're no worse than some I've tried, and in the dry they're very good IMO if a little fast wearing.

Soft compound and hard tyre walls makes them good for the occasional trackday. At the national day a few years ago I was setting times only a couple of seconds off a guy running R888's on a VR6 track corrado whilst I was running T1R's without any issue so they're more than capable of taking a beating.

Haven't tried the T1Rs or the Spec 2s but the RE002s I have are epic compared to the Hankook Ventus V12s, I would also rate them above Rainsport 2s especially in the dry.