TanVr6

Best tyre for BBS CH 17s 8.5j

Need a good recommendation on rubber for some spirited driving on some BBS CH 17s 8.5j...

They are 205/40/17

Slight stretch

Currently with falken fk452.

The car won't be driven in the rain, and has around 400bhp

Track tyres would be nice, but not good for non track use? Dual carriageways, A roads etc?

Got n3p's car then? :lol:

I'm running falken on mine but couldn't recommend them for very spirited driving. They're fine but not great.

Need a good recommendation on rubber for some spirited driving on some BBS CH 17s 8.5j...

They are 205/40/17

Slight stretch

Currently with falken fk452.

The car won't be driven in the rain, and has around 400bhp

Track tyres would be nice, but not good for non track use? Dual carriageways, A roads etc?

have you news to share Tan?

I saw your PM post ;)

hope you have! I thought long & hard about if I could or not

personally I would always go with a bridgestone m8 but then I don't do any track stuff

seriously good in the dry & have strong side walls which lots of other tires dont

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

again, personally, I use event tires online as they are extremely well priced & they fit at your work or home

however, I do also know that lots of people here use Mr Lobitos. send him a PM & he will reply with options. only issue is you then have to take them somewhere for fitting

oh & PS - bagsie 1st passenger ride at our meet when it happens!! lol

Lol

I haven't bought it yet! But making certain arrangements, it needs some new rubber at the front.

Running falken fk452 all round, which isn't the best from previous experience.

Lol

I haven't bought it yet! But making certain arrangements, it needs some new rubber at the front.

Running falken fk452 all round, which isn't the best from previous experience.

ahhh so plans are being made, good man!!

if my VR & valver had a few things completed on them then they would have been advertised. my gf was telling me to buy it, buy it now lol

after many hours pondering it is not the right time at all for me & it would be a daily - which im a tad unsure about if it would be very feasible. very sad I am :( lol

Right, I've done a lot of testing of road legal track tyres so I will chip in my bit.

Firstly, I'd recommend having two sets of wheels/tyres, one for road and one for track. If you can't do that and need to have one set for mostly road then avoid:

Toyo 888

Kumho V70

Yoko A048

They are all great tyres and offer the best grip for road legal use but will get chewed up on the road (once you get enough heat into them) and if it does rain you will die, fact :)

On the Corrado I have found Yoko AD08R (note the "R", slightly softer than the previous version) to be the best balance of grip, wear and dealing with rain. I can't believe I'm about to say this but don't overlook the Nakang NS2R, very decent tyre for the money.

All of the above are more "grip" focused tyres so expect them to wear a tad quicker if mostly used on the road. If you're just looking for "the best branded road tyre" see other comments above I can;t help with that.

My last 2p's worth, at 400bhp I have found the sweet spot for best grip in dry and wet is 205/40/17 or 215/40/17 on an 8 inch wheel. That is, when you can get the power down, as on anything less than slicks 1st and 2nd are practically useless and 3rd is dodgy on rough surfaces/in the wet when giving it large beans.

Enjoy!

ahhh so plans are being made, good man!!

if my VR & valver had a few things completed on them then they would have been advertised. my gf was telling me to buy it, buy it now lol

after many hours pondering it is not the right time at all for me & it would be a daily - which im a tad unsure about if it would be very feasible. very sad I am :( lol

Your time will come...

Hopefully mine is now

Your time will come...

Hopefully mine is now

thanks Tan

seriously I have all fingers & toes crossed for you!

I kinda watched this build happen as it was being done at stealth whilst mine was there

Ive tried a few of the highly rated tyres on my RS and currently have the F1 Assy2's which are spot on.

Im glad someone else is lined up to buy this as the lure of a VR6T was pulling me back again.

Right, I've done a lot of testing of road legal track tyres so I will chip in my bit.

Firstly, I'd recommend having two sets of wheels/tyres, one for road and one for track. If you can't do that and need to have one set for mostly road then avoid:

Toyo 888

Kumho V70

Yoko A048

All of the above are more "grip" focused tyres so expect them to wear a tad quicker if mostly used on the road. If you're just looking for "the best branded road tyre" see other comments above I can;t help with that.

My last 2p's worth, at 400bhp I have found the sweet spot for best grip in dry and wet is 205/40/17 or 215/40/17 on an 8 inch wheel. That is, when you can get the power down, as on anything less than slicks 1st and 2nd are practically useless and 3rd is dodgy on rough surfaces/in the wet when giving it large beans.

Enjoy!

That's what I was thinking, one for road use and one for track unless there is something in the middle?

For the track I was thinking of the 888s

For the road,

Proxes T1-R

Conti sc 3 or 5

Michelin ps

Bridge stones?

All these tyres will most likely have a little stretch due to the width of the tyre!

Yeah I found the same. I tried 8Jx17 Rotas with Bridgestone RE040A and ContiSport 3s and both worked really well at that power level...... save for your last sentence! Wet is always going to be hit and miss, but both were great in the dry.