jedi-knight83

Lakeside Karting - Friday August 28th

Hello.

A long long time ago (see my previous posts) I used to be part of this forum and had a lovely 95 Corrado. I also arranged quite a few karting events. In the past couple of years I've been lazy and just joined onto other open races but recently I've been getting more into it again and have always wanted to race in a championship.

I understand most people won't know me but as I say I've been part of these forums for years and I also now run a detailing company you may or may not have heard of http://www.cambridgeautogleam.com . Anyway this is nothing really to do with that but I wanted people to know I'm a genuine person :)

I've always wanted to race in club100 and be part of a championship but the costs are prohibitive for me at £175+ per race. So to keep costs low I'm aiming to run a series of races using the hire karts and raceware of each track we visit. Each race should be £65 or less.

Now this is pretty early stages at the moment so I'm just going to take it one race at a time so if you want to just race in this one event thats fine. But I'm already planning another 2 races for 2015 to make up a little mini season so if you want to race it those as well I'll make a league table.

For 2016 I want to run a season with at least 8 rounds.. but again people can just do as many races as they like, even just one single race.. but hopefully there are others out there like me who would like a fun but CHEAP championship :)

Please feel free to invite friends who you think would be interested.

2015 Round 1 – Friday August 28th, 7pm arrival – Lakeside Karting

kart-track-lakeside.jpg?w=584

Race Format

19:00 – Arrival, Sign in, Suit up, Briefing

20:00 – 10 min Practice / Qualifying

20:15 – Race Start. 30 min sprint from a grid start

20:50 – Trophies, Lap times

Cost and Payment

The cost is £65 per driver which is payable to me as I’ve already booked and paid for the track. Please pay via the paypal link below either using your paypal account or if you don’t have an account you can pay direct with a credit or debit card

paypal-purchase-button.png?w=584

Drivers and other details are on a little blog site I made. Apologies its so basic at the moment. I'll develop it as I go along.

https://thehirekartcup.wordpress.com

There is also a Facebook page you can like to keep up to date with new races.

facebook.png

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions.

Nathan

Edited by jedi-knight83

Just posting to verify the legitimacy of Nathan - was a very active member quite some years ago and a good guy :) Hope all is well with you mate.

Thanks guys. Cant believe how time flies. I was over 10 years ago I had the Corrado. I still see it now and again in Cambridge actually. Looks bit worse for ware compared to when I had it :(

My old VR6 when it was nearly perfect and had the schrick manifold.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6036&d=1296920263

Got a Mk5 GTI now, and a Caddy 2.0 TDI, and a Polo R-Line for the wife :) ... so still firmly in the VW camp.

Edited by jedi-knight83

Noggy blue s3?! Blast from the past!

Yes thats me... Went from the VR6 to the blue S3... then to a grey S3 after I wrote the blue one off.. then M3.. then skint lol ... now a mk5 GTI.

Sorry. Me again.

I've got a small window where I could actually cancel this and get my money back.

Obviously I'd prefer to run the event and race but I've been surprised by the lack of response so perhaps people aren't interested so much in karting these days?

When I used to run events a few years ago the uptake was pretty fast and I always filled the grid.

Can I ask is it the Price? Venue? Race Format?

Anyway if anyone is actually interested if they can let me know ASAP otherwise as I say I'll have no option but to cancel and try to get my money back.

Regards

Nathan Willits

sorry Nathan - i did look as would like to have joined but it is too far away

No need to apologise :) if its not what people want then its not what people want.. like i say I was just a bit surprised as I used to get a good quick response. Its not just this forum.. I've posted it up quite a few places and its the same story.

I've got about 12-15 people who have said they definitely want to race but until they pay I'm going to keep trying to find people that want to commit.

it is a pity though as i really do love karting & the track & karts looks excellent

ive been a hand full of times with friendly work do's etc & have won every time

my old MD at Rock Direct even brought his GT3 in that day after one event for a spirited passenger ride as my prize :D

I'm out of the country the following day otherwise I'd make a weekend of it down there.

Just trying to remember if thats the circuit we went to EONS ago, when we had a bit of rain and with all the karts on slicks, it was like an ice skating rink? :)

I'm out of the country the following day otherwise I'd make a weekend of it down there.

Just trying to remember if thats the circuit we went to EONS ago, when we had a bit of rain and with all the karts on slicks, it was like an ice skating rink? :)

I think mostly I arranged races at rye house.. although i did a few at lakeside and one at red lodge.

Another little bump.. probably the last one as it doesn't seem like anyone here is interested :roll:

Getting there slowly with the grid but it looks like all will be ok now and it will definitely go ahead. 8 Already paid and 4 more on that list I know are paying imminently.

If you are interested in this and have been holding off now is the time to let me know please :)

I've also put up the details of the next race which will be at Red Lodge at the end of September. The winner of that race will receive a refund of their race cost as a bit of a prize. See here for details.

https://thehirekartcup.wordpress.com/upcoming-races/r2-red-lodge-sept-25th/

kart-track-red-lodge.jpg?w=584

List for Lakeside. Green = Paid

1. Nathan Willits

2. Mark Preston

3. Mikaela Kirby

4. Andrew Stefanczyk

5. Andy Otoo

6. Matteo Macchi

7. Grant Ashley-Smith

8. Tim Phelps

9. Neil Shaw-Smith

10. Stuart McLean

11. Anu Ogunade

12. Katy Ogunade

13. Kesh Naidoo

14. Clive Hill

15. Chris Pincher

16. Sally Shaw-Smith

This list will not be updated on here. Please see the website for the up to date list.