Chuggs1

Wheeler Dealers

If it was a genuine buyer he'll be on here soon enough asking about the door handle or why the spoilers stopped working...

My wife works in TV as a director/producer - don't believe anything you see on screen - all needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. That was a lot of free labour that went into that car. No suspension work, clutch or chains done either - and no mention of the mileage, but by the condition of the gear knob and steering wheel it was pretty high. it may also have had some paint. Still great to see such positive coverage on a mainstream show, and a fair price at the end.

Mileage was about 141k - was shown just after the second or third break

I caught a few parts of it when they just repeated it on sky go. I didn't see the whole episode but what I did see was great for the car. They seemed to like it and the go kart scene and selling it over the asking price (whether that's genuine it not) is fantastic PR for the Corrado.

It makes me want to get a few more things done on mine now :)

I understand now why vw charged me over £700 to fix my Sunroof a few years ago!! 😱

Nice car and good episode but the price, don't believe in it.

no nor me, im watching the market like a hawk at the moment so that i price mine as fairly as i can, it was still advertised on ebay yesterday but its not this morning lol

good programme and im really quite pleased that they didnt even bat an eye lid regarding the chains despite the neglected looking engine and incomplete service history

would love to take mine out on that go kart track for one last spin tho

There is a fair bit of artistic licence on Wheeler Dealers. It's widely acknowledged that many of the 'buyers' are stooges, friends of the production staff etc. I would be very surprised if the price sold is a 'real' price, likewise the leather interior price, amongst other things

Lol... After having a boost to the cars image.... We can't stop talking the car down....

Lol... After having a boost to the cars image.... We can't stop talking the car down....

Totally agree Chuggs, it's as if the Corrado coummunity want it to be a bad car and fetch a low price, I don't understand :scratch:

Is there much difference between early and late vr's other than the coilpack, badge colour. Are they the same suspension?

Was a good show. Made me want a respray. But feeling chuffed i got mine back on the road this weekend just gone.

Didn't know the sunroof lining popped out like that, do you really need the special tool from vw?

Wouldn't be surprised if people involved with the production purchased some of the cars at the end.

Not seen the show but the ones I have done just slide out. Changed mine a few times when I put a different headlining in

said it before I'll say it again....only thing stopping corrado's price rising is corrado owners themselves....I've only owned one a relatively short time but seen how much it gets talked down

I am definitely making it a point to be more positive about the values of the cars from now on!

Also think seeing the show has inspired me to get cracking a bit more with mine :)

All positive from now on guys and gals

think we need a report to admin button.... for those who are negative and bring the prices down :) jims going to be busy.

As well as watching forum members restoring their cars , which is great inspiration in it's self to sort out my car , last nights show has pushed me even more . It has to be said though , if I had a workshop like that , I would be skiving off the day job and spending all my time in there! .

Finally managed to watch this, after Last Man on Earth (on Dave, awesome if you've never watched it).

Thing that struck me was just how cheap Mike managed to buy the car in the first place! Talk about an absolute bargain, even with all the issues. Can't believe that was on the open market....

Lets do something about the prices. Lets think about realistic price of our cars on curent market and double it and stick it on the market. Will see what happens :)

Thing is, if the majority of the cars on the market ARE enthusiast owned cars, then ultimately we determine the prices.

I enjoyed the show and think the prices weren't too far out given the cars new star status with its own 40 minute tv program / dvd when its released.

BBA reman said they had no more spares for the pump unit when I enquired 2 years ago, I'm glad I didn't chuck my old pump out now if its just a case of reflowing soldered joints.

The oil on the side of the block by the filter box wasn't caused by the heat exchanger was it?

Yep - it was the oil cooler that was causing it. There was oil all along the underside of the car as far back as the rear beam virtually :)

Yep - it was the oil cooler that was causing it. There was oil all along the underside of the car as far back as the rear beam virtually :)

Yes underneath, but around the side and up onto the cylinder head?

One of their better shows or it could be rose tinted glasses.

Was the car bought off pistonheads? I seem to remember the pics from the advert

I thought it was a great homage to the car as well as helping people realise they don't HAVE to be money pits! It's TV so there's always going to be artistic license but if a 142k mile car exactly the same as mine can get 5.5k I feel pretty good about my 92k mile version! Haha.

I keep a lookout on the internet for Corrado's for sale and I've noticed some going north of 8k now for dealer sales. It can only be a good thing in my eyes. I plan on keeping mine for a long time!

Really enjoyed the episode!