Roger Chatfield

VR6 stickers

Anyone see wheeler dealers?

Edd sorted out the red front grill VR6 badge by using a sticker... It actually looked spot on.

So, anyone know where to get them? And is it possible to get them in chrome?

Rog.

Sent my rear badges away to be rechromed. Not 100% happy with the finish though, its a bit pitted in some areas but miles better than the faded brushed ones.

Before

IMG_20151002_104741527_HDR1_zps3qppfcjx.jpg

After

IMG_20151013_2258049721_zps0jtaof8c.jpg

Who could say which vr6 models/years were wearing the red and which the grey vr6 badge??? Never got to figure it out..... Mine is a european 92 and she is wearing the grey ones... Thks

For vr6s upto '93 (engines with distributor), theses had the red vr6 badge. From '94 on (coil pack engines), these were grey badges. I think!

14e04gj.jpg

I ve just got this knocked up. Probably have a red and polished VRT version soon. Then I may look into a way to fix to front as you can probably see this is rear only

Tried this tonight, not the best as I couldn't find my scalpel..... So had to use a blade only, looks better in the photo and I'm unsure how long it would last anyway. Didn't do any proper prep as this was only a first attempt, still hoping that the actual stickers can be sourced :)

BB22DAB1-2357-46A4-B58B-F707356755B5.jpg

431A1E7E-206C-4614-8F9A-1BF9F65A47DD.jpg

D14C4DBD-EFE2-4DCD-ACE8-3C9D39B70B8D.jpg

I posted up on Friday . The badge is with the graphic shop and hopefully I will have some news tomorrow.

Nice one mate 8)

Trying to avoid the intricate masking that would be needed to retain the black parts, plus a sticker is reversible. That's how I see it anyway, others may differ :)

Good find.. Wonder if it's for a golf or corrado... From a study rob did I think one of the letter shapes is slightly different.

ive got a genuine one I could take a pic of & post to compare

The rear badge is rounded , so you cannot apply the sticker . It would curl up on the edge . I have painted my one . The front is on order and I will have news on Monday .