Bfstrachan

Dash removal...

Bit of a bummer that mate. Your box looks cracking though! So many innuendos there! :rofl:

Ooooooooooooooooo...................... Matron!! :)

Aye - very satisfying! I overestimated how much felt was needed! Have tons left if anyone needs...

How much did you order? I'm going to be doing this on 2 cars in the near future(hopefully) and don't want to be short :)

2 meters x 900mm! Have about 80% left...

Ha ha, that's what I was gonna order too :lol:

Happy to buy 1m from you if you want rid? :)

Promised some to "goldfinger" but pretty sure there would be enough - will stretch it out and see what there is...

Cool, let me know mate :)

So, I had some extra flaps and went and stripped them and returned them with some of the felt I had left over - anybody fancy them?02f3c58a55765d3a7cdec9ed9ba41b67.jpg

Plus, I still have this left - I laid the smaller flap on there for a little perspective and to show how I overestimated the amount needed!9d64198d9d43ef3eb6d5fe96e3bb6c6c.jpg

Help! Are there different heater matrix between the range? The second one arrived and it still does not fit! The pipes that go through the bulkhead seem to be short and won't clear the mounting on the bag of the heater box when I slide the matrix in? Both matrix that have been ordered were model specific to my 1990 1.8 16v, but both will not insert all the way into the heater box! Anyone else had this problem and maybe she'd some light?

Thanks!

I've not had this problem as I've a vr, but I certainly have read about this before on here. Try a search and hopefully you'll get lucky

Help! Are there different heater matrix between the range? The second one arrived and it still does not fit! The pipes that go through the bulkhead seem to be short and won't clear the mounting on the bag of the heater box when I slide the matrix in? Both matrix that have been ordered were model specific to my 1990 1.8 16v, but both will not insert all the way into the heater box! Anyone else had this problem and maybe she'd some light?

Thanks!

yes m8 I believe there are. IIRC the golf version is similar but the feed / return pipes are different

you want to try & make sure you get a Valeo branded unit as they are meant to be the most reliable

let me take a look & try to find out where I got mine & get you a part number & link etc.....

EDIT: hmmmm ok I have found the order I placed for the Valeo matrix I installed in my valver

it was from http://www.partshop247.co.uk & listed as

VALEO heat exchanger, interior heating AUDI,SEAT,SKODA,VW 812031

it was £58.85 plus delivery in Aug 2014

however today they don't show a Valeo unit, nor one at a similar price

https://www.partshop247.co.uk/car-parts/car-cooling-parts-and-car-heating/heating/heater-matrix/#form_reg

I am not sure if you can buy from Valeo direct but I do know they have a building very near where I live, might be worth contacting them

http://www.valeo.com/en/the-group/

ha ha ha I bloody typed all that & then thought id do a quick search on string 'vw corrado part 812031' & found the below

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/1103706

available for under £35

or call the supplier of the wrong one & tell them you need a Valeo branded part 812031

good luck

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Is the part Valeo number 812031? Looks like I was supplied 812030 instead...

yes m8

sorry I must have been searching & typing as you put the above post up

check links in my prior post m8

Just ordered it now - ended up at £46 with vat and delivery, but if it's the right part and quality - then all good!

tidy

that was definitely the part number I used & ordered for my valver & it fitted a treat