MDMTechnik

Milltek Group Buy

Anyone interested in a Milltek Cat back exhaust system for their VR6 Corrado?

I am just about to order one for my car and wondered if anyone was interested. The more orders I get, the more discount available.

If you have any other car and would like a price, let me know and I will see what I can do. Again the more people who come forward, the more discount I can give.

Here are some prices and pics of the Corrado VR6 high flow cat and cat back systems.

Milltek hi-flow sports cat (approx 5 week wait) £362.33 inc VAT.

Milltek non resonated (louder) cat back system with Cerakote oval tip £528.65 inc VAT.

Milltek non resonated (louder) cat back system with polished oval tip £490.93 inc VAT.

Milltek resonated cat back system with Cerakote oval tip £627.60 inc VAT.

Milltek resonated cat back system with polished oval tip £589.88 inc VAT.

The above prices inc VAT and are the RRP. This price does not include fitting. There will also be a £25.00 delivery charge on top of any system and £15.00 on the hi-flow cat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83073[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83074[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83076[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83077[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83079[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83080[/ATTACH]

Hi,

This is something I need to factor in before too long, could I ask which option your going for on the very nice restoration of your Corrado?

Cheers - Paul

nice pictures but holy hell on a fire stick those prices!!!

is that £363 just for the hi flow CAT?

& thus around £1K if you wanted a system from downpipe back with said CAT?

just as an example, & i pls understand i don't mean this to distract people from your post or be negative towards miltek, but i had a custom fabricated & fitted downpipe back 2.5" straight through stainless steel system with hi-flow CAT & oval tip from Longlife for £400 all in.

plus the longlife has a lifetime warranty on the system itself, rather than just for the original purchaser

is there any reason why the Miltek costs so much more? after all, 304 graded stainless is the same whoever uses it

EDIT - there are pictures of my longlife system in my build thread should you wish to view

I think MDM wanted to go with a manufacturer that has invested in a developed system rather than fabricate from scratch (having read his build thread).

I have a non resonated Miltek on my S4 and boy does it drone. Only glad I don't do much mileage in the S4.

nice pictures but holy hell on a fire stick those prices!!!

is that £363 just for the hi flow CAT?

& thus around £1K if you wanted a system from downpipe back with said CAT?

just as an example, & i pls understand i don't mean this to distract people from your post or be negative towards miltek, but i had a custom fabricated & fitted downpipe back 2.5" straight through stainless steel system with hi-flow CAT & oval tip from Longlife for £400 all in.

plus the longlife has a lifetime warranty on the system itself, rather than just for the original purchaser

is there any reason why the Miltek costs so much more? after all, 304 graded stainless is the same whoever uses it

EDIT - there are pictures of my longlife system in my build thread should you wish to view

As per my message, these are RRP prices! Not the price a Corrado Forum member will get it for. The more people who want one, the cheaper they are.

I think MDM wanted to go with a manufacturer that has invested in a developed system rather than fabricate from scratch (having read his build thread).

I have a non resonated Miltek on my S4 and boy does it drone. Only glad I don't do much mileage in the S4.

Which S4? B6 4.2 auto?

I have had many custom exhausts fitted and you simply don't get the development invested for the correct noise, fitment, alignment and power and I'm talking about one of the most respected custom exhaust fabricators in the uk.

Development takes up huge amounts of time and that is reflected in the price.

As per my message, these are RRP prices! Not the price a Corrado Forum member will get it for. The more people who want one, the cheaper they are.

thank you, i did understand that part but appreciate you clarifying

as said i don't want to taint your thread, i was just wondering why the prices are so high?

i did many hours research into exhaust options for my VR prior to buying but recall i could only find 2nd hand miltek systems

also - FYI marks2 my longlife system seems spot on in terms of noise output. very quiet at cruising & m'way speeds, howls like a good un when given some boot & the down change burbles are goose bump inducing :D

Which S4? B6 4.2 auto?

I have had many custom exhausts fitted and you simply don't get the development invested for the correct noise, fitment, alignment and power and I'm talking about one of the most respected custom exhaust fabricators in the uk.

ok thanks i get your point

Which S4? B6 4.2 auto?

B6 4.2 manual (actually I called you last week about taking a look at the rattle coming from the front of the engine but am going to replace the oil check valves first). The Miltek drones terribly at motorway speeds. Sounds great the rest of the time (much better than my bother's F type R IMHO).

Which S4? B6 4.2 auto?

Are these not reproductions of the original version that people have has fitted to their cars and therefore isn't the development covered by now? Must admit though - id di hear one on someone's car and it does sound extremely good - what's the performance gain quoted?

I suspect MDM's reference to development is Miltek design, test & qualify their systems for manufacture as opposed to the fabricators who bend pipes & weld generic silencer into the space available.

I've not heard a Miltek on a Corrado (my G60 still has the original exhaust on) but I have a non resonated Miltek fitted to my V8 S4 and the drone is intrusive at motorway speeds.

Hi,

This is something I need to factor in before too long, could I ask which option your going for on the very nice restoration of your Corrado?

Cheers - Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm going for the high flow cat with non res polished tip cat back system.

Hi MDM,

I am interested in the "resonated cat back system with polished oval tip" (System Number: MCXVW212), if we can get a group deal sorted.

What sort of timescale are you thinking of, before ordering your system?

Lastly, please could you confirm we get all the required mounts/clamps/fasteners in the kit?

The Milltek site infers only the exhaust "pipes" are supplied? http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=1503

Also available on that page is a fitting manual.

Hi MDM,

I am interested in the "resonated cat back system with polished oval tip" (System Number: MCXVW212), if we can get a group deal sorted.

What sort of timescale are you thinking of, before ordering your system?

Lastly, please could you confirm we get all the required mounts/clamps/fasteners in the kit?

The Milltek site infers only the exhaust "pipes" are supplied? http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=1503

Also available on that page is a fitting manual.

Hi,

I can offer you 15% discount. One left in stock, just about to order my one. Let me know asap.

£531.40 inc VAT. Includes £30 for delivery.

Cool! Count me in - I'll take it.

What do we do about money?

Are these not reproductions of the original version that people have has fitted to their cars and therefore isn't the development covered by now? Must admit though - id di hear one on someone's car and it does sound extremely good - what's the performance gain quoted?

This latest Milltek system is not a re-run of the previous offering. This is an all new system re-developed under the Milltek Classic range program. This new system offers better fit than the original offering and furthermore allows the customer a variety of specification options, whereas the previous system had none. The cost of this system is in line with other products in their range, which too offer specification flexibility. Milltek are the market leader and the preferred option for the VAG tuner. Agreed, their products are not within everyone's budget, but they are undeniably very high quality and thoroughly developed offering enhancement to the cars to which they are fitted. At JMR we have been Milltek stockists and installers since 1998 and have complete confidence in all aspects of their products. A point to note for some of you is that this system although marketed by Milltek for the VR6, will indeed fit the later "bar type" hanger equipped Corrados with the G60, 2.0 litre 16V and 8V 2.0 litre. We have fitted this new system to customers Corrado and can reassure you that it is a superb bit of kit. So jump at the chance offered here for a group buy bargain. If you are however reading this thread in time to come and have missed the boat, we at JMR will be happy to offer a competitive quote. We will be including one of these new Milltek Classic systems in our display at the VW Festival Corrado gathering at Harewood House later this year. We look forward to seeing you there.

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

Will your group buy be for all models ? Mines a G60, early hangers, no cat. I'd be interested to know the cost

Will your group buy be for all models ? Mines a G60, early hangers, no cat. I'd be interested to know the cost

Apologies, did not even see this!

This is what's available for the G60.

4d1449e8d9163c52893d6d36d1dc2c40.jpg

cbd91ee810086ef75aeb58d22886a78e.jpg

b108474b67d1c987c55d3cb565030393.jpg

b3fd6e75a812ef5ae73ba8a86e14cca9.jpg

3220d1beaa247a5c3c0495ddbef059f9.jpg

I'm keen for g60 early hangers resonated ( quit type) exhaust system. How much would that cost through a group buy??