p0l1wrath

creation motorsport silcsone hoses

Has anyone used any creation motorsport silicone hoses before?

I'm looking at this set

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-GOLF-MK3-2-8-VR6-7-PIECE-SILICONE-RADIATOR-COOLANT-HOSE-KIT-H0169-/151848816187?var=&hash=item235ae50e3b:m:mA5ERq9eCvMhtSWAEkkNRlw

and just wanted to know if anyone knew what the quality was like?

or wether anyone has used anything from them before?

Thanks

I've got a mixture of hoses on my daily 225 TT. Some are Forge, SFS and Creations. All are good quality. Only thing is the Creations Motorsport pipes were much cheaper. I'd give them a look

Please do - I'm thinking I'll be needing a full set of hoses very soon, so could be tempted to pick up a set at that price. Roose are twice the price, though I know they are well regarded so..

I have a set of roose on my VR, no issues with them & Vince at Stealth was very impressed with their quality when he fitted them

EDIT: one piece of advice I would recommend based on my personal experience would be to NOT order the jubilee clips & use the standard VW constant pressure clips.

Have spoke with the seller, and they say the quality difference between the bigger brands is unnoticeable, but then I wouldn't really expect them to say any different...

Has anyone installed the full set of creation hoses? Just aware that often with these aftermarket kits there can be fitment issues - I know the Roose hoses were developed off an actual set of original VR hoses (I think supplied by Stonejag?) and of course bought / installed by quite a few forum members at the time so we know they're good.. don't want to get to a point of installing these to find they don't fit correctly.

Reading around on various other VW forums, they seem to be held in pretty high regard. Just a bit of an known in Corrado land it seems?

I have a set of roose on my VR, no issues with them & Vince at Stealth was very impressed with their quality when he fitted them

EDIT: one piece of advice I would recommend based on my personal experience would be to NOT order the jubilee clips & use the standard VW constant pressure clips.

Did you have problems with the jubilees that came with the roose hoses?

I have bought a set of hoses today, but won't be able to fit them for maybe two weeks, although will post some pictures of them when they arrive

I'm interested to know which hoses are missing from this kit? Their advert says it's a 7 hose kit, but the Roose Motorsport kit is a 9 hose kit? Leaning towards the Roose Kit - it is double the price, but does come with a lifetime warranty..

hi Jon

sorry - only just seen this

only with the one for the hose that attaches to the PCV valve - but this is more due to there not being much hoses prior to the 90 degree bend in said hose

the OEM is in fact a one time use clip which is compressed /squeezed onto the hose - they are the round ones with the small castle turret kind of shape

all others were ok & still are after about 18 months

if I think back I believe I chose to use the roose jubilee's as I was worried using the VW constant tension ones might invalidate the roose warranty - might be worth speaking to roose to ask them about that point

I'm interested to know which hoses are missing from this kit? Their advert says it's a 7 hose kit, but the Roose Motorsport kit is a 9 hose kit? Leaning towards the Roose Kit - it is double the price, but does come with a lifetime warranty..

hi jim

from comparing the 2 pictures it looks like it is the 2 small hoses I have circled in the image below - just in case....the red ones are the roose hoses ;)

I think one of them is the hoses which is near the oil cooler at the front of the VR engine but cant think of hand where the other goes

also - if on the roose picture you compare the large hose with the thinner section coming out of it & has a T junction. this is the hose which has the header tank over flow. on the other hoses the thinner over flow section is not manufactured into the thicker hose as per on the roose ones (where circled) although that doesn't have a T junction piece in it & is formed together

finally - I chose roose due to reading about many many failures of samco hoses, which are meant to be extremely reputable. just a quick look on here & I think I found a handful of samco failure reports.

as such I thought a lifetime warranty would be an advantage as if the so called market leaders suffer failures then it doesn't potentially bode well for cheaper versions

finally, again from memory, I am sure I read a fair few things about the quality of the internal hoses surface. such that the samco's often have a uneven internal surface, which could then have an effect on the coolant flow rate.

all of the roose hoses that I received had very smooth internal walls & I think I remember Vince being complimentary about such

Good information mate - appreciated. Think I'll bite the bullet and order the Roose ones, possibly with their clips as well.

Good information mate - appreciated. Think I'll bite the bullet and order the Roose ones, possibly with their clips as well.

I was & am really pleased with mine fella :D

you will definitely need the OEM clip for the hose which goes onto the PCV valve but if you are getting stealth to fit them I would imagine Vince will recall what he did with mine.

if not mention "Andy, blackberry VR, head rebuilt twice, polished inlet mani" ;) & that should jog his memory as we spent quite a lot of time together. or say 'the guy whose brought his white valver back after Jon found it on ebay' lol

I would give them a ring & ask if you can use the OE constant tension clips too m8 or if they insist using their jubilee's for their warranty

I was & am really pleased with mine fella :D

you will definitely need the OEM clip for the hose which goes onto the PCV valve but if you are getting stealth to fit them I would imagine Vince will recall what he did with mine.

if not mention "Andy, blackberry VR, head rebuilt twice, polished inlet mani" ;) & that should jog his memory as we spent quite a lot of time together. or say 'the guy whose brought his white valver back after Jon found it on ebay' lol

I would give them a ring & ask if you can use the OE constant tension clips too m8 or if they insist using their jubilee's for their warranty

I can do, but to be honest all my clips and stuff are looking tired / corroded so would be a good time to replace them all really.

I can do, but to be honest all my clips and stuff are looking tired / corroded so would be a good time to replace them all really.

kind of my point Jim - you might be better buying new OE clips rather than the jubilee's - though that could work out more costly of course

Yeah - plus a load of ballache going through ETKA identifying all the hoses, and the clips that I'd need to buy, the possibility of some of them being obsolete and on back order, etc...... Hmmm.....

Yeah - plus a load of ballache going through ETKA identifying all the hoses, and the clips that I'd need to buy, the possibility of some of them being obsolete and on back order, etc...... Hmmm.....

ahhh but the excellent helpful resource of Thursdave on here could save you all that trouble very quickly - a PM later & he could probably whip up all the info from his VW system

he very kindly sent me an exploded diagram of a headlight so as to help me when I try to transpose the adjusters from one set to another

or inspect your current ones & only replace those that look past their best maybe

Well I have er.. access to ETKA so getting all that information isn't the problem per se... it's just then going to the dealer, reeling off the list of parts, etc etc etc, being told something is on back order, etc etc... vs just clicking the option that says 'include the clips' on the order for the hoses :)

Well I have er.. access to ETKA so getting all that information isn't the problem per se... it's just then going to the dealer, reeling off the list of parts, etc etc etc, being told something is on back order, etc etc... vs just clicking the option that says 'include the clips' on the order for the hoses :)

ha ha ha I have to admit I completely agree with that final sentiment Jim lol

working in IT I very much like to save 'clicks' anywhere I can

Apologies for not mentioning anything, but have been real busy, received the kit, showed it to a few friends and we're all happy with the quality of the hoses, can also confirm its the two oil cooler hoses which are missing from the set, but having a mocal oil cooler rad setup I wasn't too fussed about having these two hoses, haven't fitted them yet, or even offered them up to the standard set to check for fit net issues yet, but should have flushed the system and fitted the kit by the end of this weekend, at which point I can report back on any fitment issues

Someone posted on here a while back about not using the jubilee ones but a different type - think I t was spring clips