Chuggs1

More Exposure for the Corrado - Modern Classics Magazine

Well today I have had a most interesting day with Modern Classics Magazine at Longcross Studios and test track doing a photo shoot of 1990s V6 Coupes.

Amongst the cars were:

Alfa GTV

Peugeot 406 Coupe

Ford Cougar

Vauxhall Calibra

And yes you got it - VW Corrado VR6........ ME!!!!!

Will be in the April issue - had a great time during the 4 hrs of shooting - with various individual and group shots including shots going round the track

Good feedback from the guys who were running the shot on my car, its condition and how it ran

Further entertainment was had from the various Supercars being tested and doing doughnuts inc McLarens and Ferraris

Awesome time and some more great exposure for our cars

Cant post any of the photos I took unfortunately but will do after the issue is released

nice 1 chuggs! how did you wangle that?

Just chatting with them on Facebook - nice bunch of people - and glad I did - was such a great day and awesome to take the car round the track - not at excessive speeds but just free from traffic and a great layout. Was also great top chat to the other car owners and just talk car for a few hours. Got some awesome comments on the Corrado too from everyone

Just chatting with them on Facebook - nice bunch of people - and glad I did - was such a great day and awesome to take the car round the track - not at excessive speeds but just free from traffic and a great layout. Was also great top chat to the other car owners and just talk car for a few hours. Got some awesome comments on the Corrado too from everyone

winner! :D

Excellent! The profile of the Corrado has been under the radar for far too long & prices have been rather low (good if your a buyer!) but seems to be gathering momentum in recent months. Article in Evo magazine today too.

Edited by Mystic Blue VR

Looking at the current issue of the magazine in these types of articles each car gets a two page spread.... can't wait to see it when it's out

Good to hear that the Corrado VR6 is starting to get the attention it deserves a rightful classic. Not so good for me is that the prices will rise making any return more and more expensive. I can't warrant buying one just right now so I'll just have to live with it.

Have to say I would be tempted in buying an Alfa GTV V6 as have always liked an Alfa - and we are an Alfa free house at the moment too which just is no good!

Do we have a publish date...

They said current edition number 3 (Feb/March)has just come out and this will be in number 4 - should be April. - If I get more details on actual release date will let you know - you can buy it online (free P&P)if not in your shops

Edited by Chuggs1

Good to hear that the Corrado VR6 is starting to get the attention it deserves a rightful classic. Not so good for me is that the prices will rise making any return more and more expensive. I can't warrant buying one just right now so I'll just have to live with it.

Have to say I would be tempted in buying an Alfa GTV V6 as have always liked an Alfa - and we are an Alfa free house at the moment too which just is no good!

Must say the Alfa GTV is a favourite of mine too - love the shiny intake manifold - used to have a 2L spider - loved it

I will post when I hear the exact release date and will also post the link to buy on line

Edited by Chuggs1

Just reading EVO now myself - great article and pictures. Although Storm focussed - this gives the VR6 in general some great kudos. The last 12 months have seen some real focus on the car - and rightly so - I don't think you can find a better car for under £10k..... but for how long! Lol

I'll try and pick up a copy of EVo when i'm in London later. I know it's been said before, but I really can't see all the fuss over a couple of plastic badges!

I'll try and pick up a copy of EVo when i'm in London later. I know it's been said before, but I really can't see all the fuss over a couple of plastic badges!

You'd know if you had one with those badges....................

:notworthy:

:grin:

Sounds belting that pal! I'm a postman and have noticed a few modern classic magazines in my mail recently. Issue 2 featured mk2 gti , pug 205 and Renault 5 gt. Great news about the Corrado exposure.

They had some corrado coverage in issue one too. And as mentioned in another thread .... Evo Mag has a great write up

So - I dint make the front page as got usurped by the dam Cosworth!!!

Issue 4 is out 13/4 - found this on line and you can view some of the pages and see me - oh and my car - lol

https://issuu.com/modernclassics/docs/modern_classics_issue_4_sampler

nice!

it is a good pic for the feature even if a bloody ford pipped the front page lol

implications of a good feature

I like the 930 flatnose that has a feature too!!

Also will see some of my work in that magazine - a half page advert for the Corrado Club :) Can't wait to pick it up for the Corrado feature though - see how well it scores against the competition!