culshaw

Ebay VR6 in Woolwich, SE London – Has it been clocked?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vw-corrado-vr6-/162038532310?hash=item25ba3fc8d6:g:aikAAOSwud1XAUbl

Just done a MOT check and the mileage is inaccurate, is it just me, or is that a bit suspicious?

MOT history of this vehicle

Test date 26 August 2015

Expiry date 25 August 2016

Test Result Pass

Odometer reading 135,503 miles

Advisory notice item(s)

battery slightly loose

offside front Macpherson strut has slight movement at the upper attachment (2.5.A.1c)

Test date 6 October 2011

Expiry date 5 October 2012

Test Result Pass

Odometer reading 138,333 miles

potentially yes

unless maybe they had swapped their gauges over due to a fault with the originals & the replacement had a different mileage

much caution required though I would say

yep, going to see it at lunch; just to get a feel for a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could just be that the MOT centre have written it down wrong. I've had that before on another car.

It could just be that the MOT centre have written it down wrong. I've had that before on another car.

I would tend to agree. Why would you go to the trouble of clocking a car by a few thousand miles?

Apparently clocking is a real problem with private lease contracts as people can easily avoid additional payments by having the car's mileage reset.

I would tend to agree. Why would you go to the trouble of clocking a car by a few thousand miles?

Apparently clocking is a real problem with private lease contracts as people can easily avoid additional payments by having the car's mileage reset.

Notice the dates - it is 4 years worth of usage. If they'd been putting 10k a year on the car then 40k's worth isn't an insignificant amount!

That assumes it's moved much.... which we all know is unlikely with these things! :lol:

Notice the dates - it is 4 years worth of usage. If they'd been putting 10k a year on the car then 40k's worth isn't an insignificant amount!

There is no MOT history between October 11 and August 15. I assume it was probably off the road.

Good point - sorry! :)

If the mileage is real, apparently it's only done 7,000 miles in the last 10/11 years!

Couldn't make it in the end, oh well. It was more to gauge what corrado's were out there than seriously considering it.