delfinis38

Buying at auction

Anyone bought at auction and can offer any advice on how it works...

Interested in a couple of lots at the coys auction coming up at Blenheim.

http://www.coys.co.uk/blenheim-palace-2016

I will be buying the catalogue and viewing on the day before... New territory for me.. I'm reading the buyer info pack at moment.

Edited by delfinis38

Ooooffftttt,

I take that back after looking at the catalogue, theres no 2.0Gl Ford Mondeos in there is there?!

If your buying, I have a strange attraction to that custom Cadillac called "cad attack"

Enjoy the sale

Dougie

Ooooffftttt,

I take that back after looking at the catalogue, theres no 2.0Gl Ford Mondeos in there is there?!

If your buying, I have a strange attraction to that custom Cadillac called "cad attack"

Enjoy the sale

Dougie

No, no ford Mondingos. The dream is a lancia delta inter.

Edited by delfinis38

Wow, some cracking cars in that line up, need bloody deep pockets though.

Good luck with the Integrale :salute:

not bought from cars auctions only farm auctions. paymemnts by cheque can be accepted based on reference.

good luck buddy

Lot 233 is one of my all time fave cars, Alfa Montreal 8)

I have only ever bought 1 car from an auction , a Ford Crapi that turned out to be very rusty !

I was 20 though and didn't know any better!

I think my main concern would be not being able to have a really good look over / drive of the car beforehand .

The Delta's look lovely 8)

Been to a few with a mate, his family buy most of their cars from auction.

All i really picked up on was the dealers there seemed to be a bit sneaky. You could see who was buying for themselves and then the gang of local dealers who must be their every auction.

The best advice is to decide on a budget and stick to it - don't get sucked in to the drama of it all and get carried away.

Don't stick to round numbers (£10K, £20K etc) go one bid higher, Ive seen lots of people lose out by one increment higher, so be prepared to go £10,500, £20.500 etc.

I bought my house at auction

Nice choice on the Delta, some of the prices of the cars at the auction are incredible.

Cant help thinking that with the historic value of cars with a rally pedigree, two door sonic blue Imprezas will be good investments. (P1's, 22b's, Sti5 etc)

Once the Chav element version of the GC8's disappear, the prices will go up, in my opinion. Coupled with the fact its a great car if I had cash to invest in a car long term, I think that's where I would be putting my money. I seem to recall that the American market has now opened up to JDM cars and they have been snapping up old skylines and evo's at some rate.

I know people have been talking about a price crash for some time, but I cant help thinking that some reduction in the market is coming.

But good luck, and if you get anything please post some pictures up here.

Dougie

I would say an Integrale has done most of its appreciating so if your looking for a big gain look elsewhere IMO.

You don't want something that your never going to use as its devaluing it with mileage etc going up. Tough call at the moment, for about that value 996 turbo's seem to be a good call if your looking for something fast. If not then the 993 s seems a good deal.

Ive not got through them all yet but some very nice cars.

Is it for an investment or to use and enjoy?

Apparently prices on Porsche 928's are starting to get interesting.

Some nice cars in the goodwood F of S Bonhams auction this weekend

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23593/#/aa0=20&MR0_length=10&w0=list&m0=0

The Ur rally car is a bit of a fake really so that's a mental price. I know someone who has a proper pukka one of them (that gets used properly), Id hate to imagine how much that would be worth now. Saying that he does have 3 road going versions as well as two Rs2...normal bloke as well just bought them all at right time.

On the Porsche thing there all going up at the moment but yes the front engined cars are probably the best ROI at the moment I think. I was temtped on a 968 before buying the 996 but the 4cyl thing put me off. 968 handling is supposed to be brilliant.