odub

Blackberry 20vt

Glad your getting it all sorted mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

For the first time in a while it hasn't been freezing in the garage so I pulled the car out. Have fitted a usb socket in place of the cigarette lighter so I can power up the phone for maps or running Dash Commander for extra gauges plus put in my OMP rear brace that I've owned for probably ten years now.

4a07c49bbca133b852ab39b75161e5a5.jpg27c2f9f1919f22c3da4383497af84b85.jpga84ac60f5a7e40e58d1a80ee53e37ca4.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I'll pull out the engine block and strip out the forged rods. I will have a baffled sump that will fit 8v and 16v engines going spare too if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interested in the sump if compatible with a G60. Pm me with a price.

Hello mate. I think I just replied to your pm but not sure if it sent it or not. Are you still on the same phone number you had when you picked up the tailgate last year?

Good news is I’ve got my job back so have had a spending spree resulting in a new engine

734c3ffde576e94eba174ff680f07943.jpg

It is an AMK so already running a K04 turbo and vvt on a small port head. Ideal for what I’m after. Turned up on a pallet, complete with looms, ecu, manifolds, turbo and all ancillaries.

Whilst all of this is going on I’ve got a full 3” exhaust to fit. This is a two box system so will be louder than my three box Jetex that is currently fitted and has a 3” cut tip for that motorsport look

862605f36c52f989f2425e0362058eba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had a good weekend fitting the new AMK 20vt. It’s bolted to the mounts and the exhaust is connected but that’s about it. I’ve been having to replace a lot of parts as I go including the n/s inner cv joint which was in a bad way. I still need to plumb and wire it up

3c75f4835c6e1b409137a917d1fb0de8.jpg

09942bc1ba2859f3d447ee823b7f78b8.jpg

It’s all looking good so far. I’ll be taking the cam cover and inlet manifold off for powder coating. I’m thinking possibly white as a bit of a motorsport theme that may develop further but open to suggestions

Must feel good to be putting an engine back in after all the trouble you have had lately. You bringing the anni next week?

It sure does. I'll be at Dublogic but not in the anni I mentioned, I spent my time on the Corrado instead! I'll be there in my Slipper Wagon probably with the Labrador too

3c75f4835c6e1b409137a917d1fb0de8.jpg

Good to see it coming along

Looks a bit tight, why didnt you take the front panel off?

It was tight but had good height clearance and did go in well, plus with the gearbox attached. I thought I would give it a look before undoing the entire front of the car. It probably saved me a couple of hours

Glad you got the job situation sorted Oli, looks like your making good progress again.

Did you put your steel parts in the engine or just put the replacement engine in as is ?

For now it is a standard engine. I want to get it running before any upgrades and creating extra work to do. Next step is to wire up, fit the dbw pedal, change the exhaust and fit the 02J shifter then just enjoy it. I test drove a tuned B5 S4 last night which left me thinking nice car but not for me and I need the Corrado on the road for fun and turbo noises

I test drove a tuned B5 S4 last night which left me thinking nice car but not for me and I need the Corrado on the road for fun and turbo noises

Please dont say it was Martins (Smurf)

How you getting on fella?

Slowly but surely. I'd get some pictures up but not having much luck without Tapatalk.

I've got a bracket for the dbw throttle pedal made

There is now a Turbo Dynamics hybrid K04 in the mix

I have a Peloquin LSD to help put some power down

I have a stripped, cleaned and rebuilt cylinder head to go on

I've run the cables for a clutch switch if I want to use it in the future for things like launch control and flat shift

I've added a lambda sensor and the egt wiring for the Emerald ECU

The old cylinder head is off and in good condition

There is a big crack in both the hotside of the turbo and the exhaust manifold that I removed, so happy I took that apart and didn't just get it mapped as is

I should easily get over 300 bhp but not sure how much more. The limiting factor will be the exhaust manifold. But I'm not sure it is worth chasing much more power than that and I'll concentrate on getting the bodywork sorted instead, hopefully some more carbon parts

Its going to be impressive, Look forward to seeing the finished engine, so why are you not using the CTN box then Oli ?

Thanks, it should be good as long as I don’t bankrupt myself in the process. I’ve fitted an 02J and swapped the cables too plus with an lsd in the 02J, just to have a stronger more modern box. There was nothing wrong with the ctn, just a change of plan. I was considering putting in a six speed but think the five speed may be better suited for a torquey turbo engine

After losing all motivation I’m back at it again.

Spent a couple of hours today fitting up a new straight through center section for the exhaust as it was too quiet before and have removed the sump then popped the pistons and rods out the top of the block.

I’ll get an engine builder to gap my new rings and then I’ll reassemble with forged rods but use the standard pistons

time for an update. I have bought and stripped down another AMK engine as i wasn't happy with the first one. The bores and block are in a bit better shape and has far less mileage on it. I have a Bosch 044 fuel pump to replace the factory original pump for more power and reliability. I've picked up some Audioscape speaker pods for the front door cards as i couldn't hear a thing from the speakers over the induction and exhaust last time out. These took me ages to find a pair and are in perfect condition, never been fitted before, just stored for years.

Another small distraction is this car:

https://uk-mkivs.net/topic/21151-25th-anniversary-gt28rs-hmmm-its-back/page-8?hl=(((25th%20anniversary%20gt28rs)))

A little bit of nostalgia, was built by the guy in the link then was owned by Vick from Edition38 for a while. Has since been well kept and garaged.

it's a friends that's in my garage which needs a bit of a service, a new fuel pump and a rolling road session to get it right again but should be looking for over 400bhp. I'm not sure what power it is running now but i know that it goes well