delfinis38

corrado vr6 brake compensator valve parts

Anyone have to hand the part numbers required to fit the brake compensator valve. Want to order spring grommet assembly and bolts. Am I mad attempting this without taking the beam off and just the use of a trolley jack.. I guess a grinder will be the main removal tool.. going to change rear brake lines while I'm at it....

Not looking forward to bleeding the brakes again with an easy bleed kit.. it was PITA. Last time.

I can't help with part numbers I'm afraid mate. I ordered the compensator of Ebay and the rest, excluding the spring, from VW main dealers. (The spring was no longer available). As for fitting, the beam needs to be in place. The hardest part I found was removing the old bolts from the valve. I had to drill them out in the end and,like you said, an angle grinder came in handy too! One of the four brake line unions got seized too which meant a flaring kit was needed to put a new union on. I had the luxury of use of a mates ramp but I expect you could do it in your garage. Hope some of this is of some use!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok so just ordered spring and grommets from Heritage.

just need the other bits. which I have a few question marks over unless anyone has a parts diagram. I have a small one but cant read much of it.

possibly need.

893612363 very expensive sleeve x1 do I need 2 ???

321612367 roller x1 do I need 2 ???

N01167026 washer x2

N102336 bolts x2 assume these are to attach to beam

now I assume I need a nut and bolt to go through the spring any ideas of part numbers ???

Edited by delfinis38

I got the spring from VW in April last year, part number 1h0612337 and it came with the sleeves. I've got a load of new bolts for my Underside, but as these aren't load bearing I'm just going to use stainless bolts and nylocs on them. I too got the compensator valve from eBay, about £65 iirc. All my lines came out without a problem but I'm replacing them all anyway. I had the rear beam off to remove the valve, but there was absolutely no way on earth the bolts were coming out without grinding off the captive nuts. I even put the valve in a vice and smashed the **** out of the bolts after it was off just to see, and they didn't move a bit!

Cheers Sean yup just ordered the spring from heritage... I see tierod on eBay has the comp valve for 65 notes... it's ATE. Dunno what standard fit was.

You got your storm birth certificate from vw yet ? Be interested to see what general detail it gives and to see if it's good value.

Edited by delfinis38

Yeah was tiered/veedubmachine I think I got mine from. The OE ones were ATE too so should fit perfectly. Have a search for old posts about etka as there are links to a few good alternative sites. I'd link one in for you but my daughter broke the laptop charger yesterday and it's dead so only have my phone!

Yeah was tiered/veedubmachine I think I got mine from. The OE ones were ATE too so should fit perfectly. Have a search for old posts about etka as there are links to a few good alternative sites. I'd link one in for you but my daughter broke the laptop charger yesterday and it's dead so only have my phone!

Cheers Sean found a few links when I searched but most of the parts diagrams don't exist now. even thought of massbad old thread his grey v6 that he sold for the r32 he had a parts diagram for the assembly in his thread But that doesn't exist.

I got the part numbers from cressas thread but I believe their is more parts.

And the diagram I have is too small to read.

May have to go to vw tomorrow.

Edited by delfinis38

Cheers easypops what I was after. But with a better diagram can't really see the numbers on diagram.

Edited by delfinis38

I got the spring from VW in April last year, part number 1h0612337 and it came with the sleeves. I've got a load of new bolts for my Underside, but as these aren't load bearing I'm just going to use stainless bolts and nylocs on them. I too got the compensator valve from eBay, about £65 iirc. All my lines came out without a problem but I'm replacing them all anyway. I had the rear beam off to remove the valve, but there was absolutely no way on earth the bolts were coming out without grinding off the captive nuts. I even put the valve in a vice and smashed the **** out of the bolts after it was off just to see, and they didn't move a bit!

i recall my mechanic saying he had to cut into the beam on my VR to get the brake bias valve out - a pig of a job he said!!

good luck delfinis

Seriously considering taking the rear beam off now might make life easier and I get a nice powder coated beam and rubbers sorted.

For your Corrado I would seriously suggest you get it e-coated rather then powder coat or paint, its a much more true to original finish and its what is on new car suspension parts. Its probably cheaper too. There is a place in wales that do it and it was around £100 for the beam, brackets and 2 brake backplates

Well worth looking into, would make the beam look like a new one. Powder coating can chip really easy looks a bit thick to be OEM.

I got bored with nothing to tinker with so I bought a MK1 Golf Gti to restore. Also, the wife had a bmw 1 series and always dreaded winter times so we changed it for a MK7 Golf R.

Mmmm mk1 gti need to go there at some point. Nice choice for the golf r. Was tempted last year but went Audi instead. Best of luck with the gti. If it's turns out like either of the corrados it will be spot on.

Thanks. A mk1 gti was meant to be my first car, I had one all lined up but then insurances went through the roof and I couldn't afford it at 17. It's been on my list since then.

I went for the thick plastic type coating on my rear beam and a few other bits. Not sure i'd get it again, i like the sound of the e-coat.