caz.w

Vr6 badge

I understand their rareity, but that's really silly money for a piece of plastic - buy hey, i'm not knocking it!

That said, there must be a way that these can be knocked out on the cheap. I thought the guy from Trimsport

was going to get some of these done........

Edited by VR-Sixy

Hey not trying to rip people off sorry if it offends , but I might as well keep it in the draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey not trying to rip people off sorry if it offends , but I might as well keep it in the draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thought didn't enter my mind - honestly. It's just when i saw the price, i thought there must be a way of getting these to the masses

without it costing an arm and a leg.

The front ones are corrado specific, and I've seen these reach into the £90's on eBay, so £70 isn't a million miles out. It's a simple case of if you want it bad enough you'll pay it.

I have a few of these(not for sale) and I also bought one of each from Renewart on Facebook, very nice replicas

Genuine rear... £23. not sure how different the MK3 is to the Corrado thou.... but looks pretty close to me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-VR6-Chrome-Rear-Badge-Plaque-Genuine-New-NOS-NLA-OEM-VW-Parts-/162489297046?hash=item25d51de896:g:YpkAAOSwmCVY~lHH

Yes close but not right.... putting the two together you will see the v has a slightly different slope on it. And the finish is not brushed but chrome. But as you say to the untrained eye it's near enough.

The thought didn't enter my mind - honestly. It's just when i saw the price, i thought there must be a way of getting these to the masses

without it costing an arm and a leg.

Indeed.... I was just a bit surprised... no offence intended..

I'd like a pair of the Renewart ones... but I'm not on Facebook - does he sell anywhere else?

Indeed.... I was just a bit surprised... no offence intended..

I'd like a pair of the Renewart ones... but I'm not on Facebook - does he sell anywhere else?

Don't think he does. Not seen them anywhere else other than on his facebook page.

The problem with copies is that you don't know how the plastic will weather over time, I'd rather a used original than a Chinese or 3D printed copy any day.

The problem with copies is that you don't know how the plastic will weather over time, I'd rather a used original than a Chinese or 3D printed copy any day.

Problem is I need reds.... and they are proving almost impossible to find..... :(

Problem is I need reds.... and they are proving almost impossible to find..... :(

It's not the end of the world if there's no badge on the grill is it?

It's not the end of the world if there's no badge on the grill is it?

Of course not... but it would be nice to have a complete car.

Just do what Rog did . Take it down to a graphics /sign writers shop . Scan it and they will print you the stickers to go over the badge .

I got one of those EBay ones as £70 was too much for me second hand. They're good quality / doesn't seem flimsy etc, I know it's not quite as original but the intention is to get the bodyshop to paint it flat red to match the rear anyway when having some bumper work done...! But could be just right for someone wanting a totally original car.