VEEDUBBED

What if...

..I farted in Space and let's say For augments sake, I put Chris fuzzer about 10 meters away, would he have heard it??

..if I got a gun and fired it, in space still, would the bullet ever stop?

..VEEDUBBED..and his daft questions..

what an intersting post Veedubbed!

sound in space - hmm space being a vaccuum, does sound traverse across a vaccuum?

i know that movie depictions of explosions in space are fiction as there is no oxygen in space to ignite any flames but i wonder if the vibrations from said explosion would travel

i would guess at yes as at a molecular level absolutely everything is & has a vibration, it is the frequency of said vibrations that makes them work in the way they do, thus by proxy sound waves would travel

a quick google & it seems this is an even more interesting question as space itself does not contain molecules, thus a sound wave can not be heard as it doesnt have any molecules to vibrate & cause our ears to hear them.

however, it says NASA has proven that sound can travel through space in electromagnetic vibrations, thus negating the need for air molecules to vibrate as we do on earth for our ears to hear it, which can them be transferred into sounds we could hear

as for the bullet/gun, again as space is a vacuum & if newtons laws applied (every action has an equal & opposite reaction) the bullet & gun would both, upon firing, accelerate in opposite directions & as there is nothing in space to push back against said acceleration they would both travel at their terminal velocity, which i think would be equal to their acceleration speeds, forever or until they hit an object which absorbed their energy

You won't hear a fart in space unfortunately. Without any atmosphere your ears won't pick up noise. The fart itself, depending on its aggressiveness may well propel you the 10 meters into Chris Fuzzer for some cuddle kiss time if you're lucky!!

In regards to the gun, well it depends where you are in space. In deep space your already going to be travelling faster than a bullet but the likelihood it'll continue to travel until it hits something. You fire a gun on the moon however, it'll remain in orbit of the moon until it hits something. travelling all the way round the moon and hitting you in either bum cheek is very plausible.

I hope this helps!!

Edited by Gti_Jamo

Would a bullit fire in space? No oxygen so you couldn't light a fire?

Would a bullit fire in space? No oxygen so you couldn't light a fire?

Bullets have their own oxidiser so no need for an oxygen source.

Bullets have their own oxidiser so no need for an oxygen source.

Ta

Love the answers!!!

So, theoretically if I kicked some poor bugger up the jacksy, that poor bugger, in theory would move indefinitely??

Love the answers!!!

So, theoretically if I kicked some poor bugger up the jacksy, that poor bugger, in theory would move indefinitely??

And so would you, in the opposite direction..

I should say that there's no chance you'll ever be "in space" far enough away from everything that you won't experience gravitational effects from *something*, even if it's so far away that you can't actually see it. So in practice you will fall towards something and either hit it or go into orbit around it eventually.

I should say that there's no chance you'll ever be "in space" far enough away from everything that you won't experience gravitational effects from *something*, even if it's so far away that you can't actually see it. So in practice you will fall towards something and either hit it or go into orbit around it eventually.

ooo good point about gravity Dr :)

I always wonder about the light that has bounced off the earth and kept travelling into space for zillions of miles, if we could catch it up and get in front of it and then observe the light, could we then see the past?

I always wonder about the light that has bounced off the earth and kept travelling into space for zillions of miles, if we could catch it up and get in front of it and then observe the light, could we then see the past?

Yes.

But we can't..

When you see a supernova, or the north star, or whatever, you are looking into the past. Those photons left their source however many years ago and represent the star as it was at the time.

Edited by dr_mat

However some scientists postulate that the speed of light is relative to the observer. So the speed of light is the same regardless of the speed of the observer so you would never catch it up. Which opens up a whole new dimension into how reality is perceived by man.

If you fired a burger into space, would it ever go off?

If you ejaculated in space, would the force of it fire you backwards?

Could you ever fry and egg in space?

If you ejaculated in space, would the force of it fire you backwards?

The chugging motion will likely be a more efficient.