gollfy1

Replacement Clutch Master Cylinder Question

Hi all,

my clutch master cylinder is on the way out, ordered a new one which has arrived.

The existing one has a connection for the clutch fluid and one for the bleed nipple.

The one that has turned up has them plus a white plastic connection??

Any ideas if this is needed?

Can provide pics if required

Cheers

Dave

The picture is exactly the same as the one i have fitted to my non abs 1991 g60. The threaded hole goes the to clutch slave cylinder the white connector goes to the brake reservoir...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If the one on your car doesnt have white connector how does it connect to the brake reservoir?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does your existing line from brake res have a similar looking connector on it? It might be that you can pull the white bit out? Does it sit in a rubber bung?

I have the coiled up metal pipe (fluid pipe) which i presume screws into the bung part of the new cylinder and obviously you have the bleed nipple.

I do not have anything that resembles the white plastic pipe on my old one.

It looks like you have mixed up the master and slave. The one on the gearbox is the slave, looks like you have bought a master which is the pedal end.

doh:( my school boy error then..lol

Going to hide with embarrassment

Thanks for your help

Dave

I done exactly the same thing on my VR! I even messaged the seller on eBay saying they'd sent the wrong part! I soon swallowed my pride and proceeded to order the correct part. At least I have a master for future use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are having problems with a leaking slave and replace it, you will inevitably end up doing the master a few months later as the increased pressure will cause the seals on that to fail, so no harm done by having one handy. I've ended up usually replacing both at the same time to be sure.

Clutch stopping on the floor occasionally, have bled it but still occurring. Also when at traffic lights after a while clutch releases without pedal being raised:( so have to hit the brake and panic...lol

Clutch stopping on the floor occasionally, have bled it but still occurring. Also when at traffic lights after a while clutch releases without pedal being raised:( so have to hit the brake and panic...lol

If the clutch is releasing with the pedal on the floor and there are no external leaks its likely to be the master.

When mine occasionally stuck to the floor eventually the slave let go leaving a puddle of fluid beneath the car when parked.

What can happen with the slave is that the protective boot around the actuating rod can split, which means it will weep around the internal piston seal very slightly and into the bell housing. This can cause the clutch symptoms above and a very gradual loss of fluid without leaking out on to the ground completely.

Hi, can this master be used on a Rhd Corrado G60? It states this is only for Lhd! I only ask because I'm looking to buy one at the moment and looked at the Heritage one but it states in the reviews cannot be used on RHD version. If someone can confirm they have fitted this happy days :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk