Hi all.

I have for sale my Corrado VR6.

Spec is as follows

1994 M Plate VR6

Black Magic Pearl

Full heated grey leather

Completely standard car apart from a nice subtle stainless exhaust system

114K miles

This is a very solid car with a very strong engine, no smoke, no rattles etc..

Gearbox is smooth and the car drives absolutely great.

The car cleans up very very well as you can see in the pictures.

The reason this car is up for the sell price it is, is because in 2004 (when Corrado values were much lower than now) it was deemed a Cat C car, which was fully VIC checked and put back on the road. Its seems it was a light front end damage and the car is much better than some "mint" cars I have seen.

So if you are after a Corrado for the enjoyment and not as an investor this is the perfect car.

£3995

Based in Wilmslow in Cheshire

Cheers Jay

attachment.php?attachmentid=87602&d=1500120149

attachment.php?attachmentid=87596&d=1500120135

attachment.php?attachmentid=87584&d=1500120095

attachment.php?attachmentid=87581&d=1500120085

attachment.php?attachmentid=87593&d=1500120126

attachment.php?attachmentid=87590&d=1500120117

attachment.php?attachmentid=87587&d=1500120106

attachment.php?attachmentid=87599&d=1500120143

Edited by 24V Renshaw

I used to own this VR.... she's looking good ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very strong engine as I remember

Cheers. I would prefer it go to someone who is going to enjoy it for what it is. I have enjoyed driving it for the last few months, it's taken me back a few years.

I can't believe that no one in the community has gone for this. Quite a few recently have been asking for a cheap but original car in good fettle. This would appear to be the one

I would be all over this if I didn't have a project already, superb engine on that vr

Cheers guys. I guess people are put off by the fact it was Cat C 13 years ago. The irony being that a lot of worse "undeclared" write offs would be for sale for a lot more.

Fingers crossed whoever buys it will end up on here.

Hi,

Your car looks amazing, if I hadn't just bought a Corrado I'd consider it myself.

For what it is worth, Cat A/B is fair enough, but I find the whole Cat C/D thing madness. My first VR6 was a Cat D but it was an amazing car. It had sustained light front end damage which had been well repaired - you'd never know. The engine ran amazingly well and everything worked. The problem was when I came to sell it, it took ages, presumably because people were put off by the Cat D label. I eventually sold it to some bloke who did not look after it - such a shame.

Good luck with sale, I hope your car goes to a good home.

Hi Jay

This may be a stupid question but do you have to declare the Cat C when you get insurance?

Cheers

Pete

Yes - but they usually know it has been written off - if you do not declare it and its in another accident thats when it becomes a problem if it has been paid out on before .

Just my experience on damaged cars - should not have that much difference on price to insure.

Its a lovely car

Hi,

Your car looks amazing, if I hadn't just bought a Corrado I'd consider it myself.

For what it is worth, Cat A/B is fair enough, but I find the whole Cat C/D thing madness. My first VR6 was a Cat D but it was an amazing car. It had sustained light front end damage which had been well repaired - you'd never know. The engine ran amazingly well and everything worked. The problem was when I came to sell it, it took ages, presumably because people were put off by the Cat D label. I eventually sold it to some bloke who did not look after it - such a shame.

Good luck with sale, I hope your car goes to a good home.

The write off thing is a bit of a lottery on C/D. I once bought a Corrado VR which was a write off. I forget which of C or D, probably D? The less serious? It was a while ago. However, the salient fact is that the car was written off because someone broke into it! One door lock was broken and the thief stole the electric Recaro seats! When the insurer went to VW for a quote to replace the answer was predictable £000s! Hence the car was written off and the owner bought it back. He subsequently installed some lovely condition Corrado leather standard seats for a couple of hundred quid and just enjoyed the car! I bought it and it was an excellent car for me too. I undoubtedly got it slightly cheaper than the market rate and was happy to do so. Sold it on again for a bit less than the market rate. Buyers take a view on things usually when presented with the facts. I just am astounded this car didn't sell on the forum as its undoubtedly well beneath market value for a car without the marker in commensurate condition

Edited by Billzeebub

I test drove this 3 weeks ago and it does pull like a train! The bodywork looks fantastic and it sounds awesome! However there is a cracked headlamp, a cracked indicator lense, the sunroof doesn't slide and the throttle is really stiff. After driving it I wanted it but my head ruled my heart in the end and realising how much I would have to put into it with parts that are scarce wasn't worth the price with it being a cat C £3000 then defo YES!

Thanks for the positive feedback regarding the car and the test drive and I understand that if you can't get past the Cat C its not the car for you.

Given the MOT was short I have just put the car through its MOT and it now has a full 12 Months MOT.

I have relisted it on Ebay with a £3995 sell price.

Cheer Jay

I test drove this 3 weeks ago and it does pull like a train! The bodywork looks fantastic and it sounds awesome! However there is a cracked headlamp, a cracked indicator lense, the sunroof doesn't slide and the throttle is really stiff. After driving it I wanted it but my head ruled my heart in the end and realising how much I would have to put into it with parts that are scarce wasn't worth the price with it being a cat C £3000 then defo YES!

A used lens, indicator and throttle cable would cost less than £100. Non of which are exactly urgent purchases, so biding your time you could pick up bargains?

You have driven it and still not grabbing it??? You must be tight as a duck's arse!

CAT A/B/C/D is the Herpes of the car world. A stigma that's impossible to get rid of.

2.9 throttles were heavy out of the box, just how they are. The Golf had a much lighter one.