VEEDUBBED

Dodging payment of tv license?..

Is it still possible to 'Forget' to pay the tv license?

I left the UK in '87 so a wee few things have changed I imagine..

Can't do it here in Italy anymore because the brite sparks in the goverment came up

With the idea that the tv license will be automatically added on to the electricity bill

So basically we're all buggered here.

The Italian state tv is quite shiyte too..

If you forget you have a colour tv,and just get a black and white licence,(yes they are still available,and cheaper) it keeps you on the system !

As they are only interested in homes without licences

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobody should be paying a tv licience in the UK. Most of it goes straight to the BBC, a corporation.

I live on forces family accommodation at the moment, and having moved in last year, there were a few "final notices" to the householder as it had been unoccupied for about 9 months prior to us moving in. I don't think you could get away with it for too long to be honest

If you forget you have a colour tv,and just get a black and white licence,(yes they are still available,and cheaper) it keeps you on the system !

As they are only interested in homes without licences

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you buy a new TV from a major store they inform the licensing people you've bought a colour TV, if your surname differs from the license payers name they send you a reminder.

I know of many people who pay Sky TV £100+ (movies, football, multi-room etc etc) for their services but moan about the license fee!

If you buy a new TV from a major store they inform the licensing people you've bought a colour TV, if your surname differs from the license payers name they send you a reminder.

I know of many people who pay Sky TV £100+ (movies, football, multi-room etc etc) for their services but moan about the license fee!

Thats because you pay £100+ for a loads of channels, TV, broadband, landline, and many other services they offer. You pay the BBC for 1 major channel and a couple of crap ones for about 11 quid a month!

Its far from value for money and you're forced to pay it!

These idiots can put you in the jail for not paying the licence, where ironically you could watch Cash in the Attic with a sex offender, or any other inmate of your choice, for free.

Thats because you pay £100+ for a loads of channels, TV, broadband, landline, and many other services they offer. You pay the BBC for 1 major channel and a couple of crap ones for about 11 quid a month!

Its far from value for money and you're forced to pay it!

All the radio stations (and there's plenty of entertainment there), plus iPlayer too.. I would say the License Fee is a little on the pricey side but overall I think the BBC gives better entertainment overall than Sky given the relative price comparison!

All the radio stations (and there's plenty of entertainment there), plus iPlayer too.. I would say the License Fee is a little on the pricey side but overall I think the BBC gives better entertainment overall than Sky given the relative price comparison!

The thing is Jim, there are hundreds of other radio stations and every other terrestrial channel offer an online viewing service too. What's the trade off, you have to listen to advertisements.

The thing is Jim, there are hundreds of other radio stations and every other terrestrial channel offer an online viewing service too. What's the trade off, you have to listen to advertisements.

Did you know if you’re 75 or over,the licence is free !

Not too long to wait then. I got rid of sky due to the cost and bought one of those NOW tv boxes. gives you the sky entertainment pack for £7 a month or movies for £10. I don't subscribe and just use it for the catch up channels and You Tube if I feel the need for it.

I didn't renew mine, I say renew, take one out, in my new house despite all the "reminders". You can go on the website and state that you are only using the TV to watch downloaded and streamed content but not that owned by, or watched on any BBC channels. As I DO own a TV but don't watch any BBC channels, programs, or stream via iPlayer, nor do I listen to the BBC radios I opted for selecting the fact that I only stream other media. They keep this on record for 1 (or 2 years, I cant remember) and will then remind you closer to that time. I don't have the roof aerial attached, nor is there a satellite dish, if you log into iPlayer it will ask you if you have a license, and if they want to come over and prove any of this then they're welcome to do so.

These idiots can put you in the jail for not paying the licence, where ironically you could watch Cash in the Attic with a sex offender, or any other inmate of your choice, for free.

:lol:

€54 per quarter here in Germany and the TV is utter sh1te. I mean, Channel 5 in the evenings multiplied by 10 level of sh1te.

Thank God I brought my Sky setup from the UK. I think I watch German Telly twice a year but I still pay the license. And a UK TV license too. So don't complain! :D

Edited by MikeVR6

I've successfully avoided paying it for the 14 years I've had a my own place. Despite bi-monthly letters threatening to take me to court and setting dates etc I've still never actually been summonsed. I look forward my day in court - it's on my bucket list.

'The accused has not paid a TV license for 14 years m'lud'

' And do you have any defense?'

'Yes m'lud - I've never owned or had a TV on my property in any of these years. Or had one anywhere I've lived since I was 7 m'lud'.