slider

a very green newbie here

Hi Guys

My names simon,

ive recently bought a vr6 1194 model,

its got a selection of faults as no doubt many have so heres hoping you lot can help out

gear selection is shocking, 1st/reverse are very hard to get, 5th sounds like its going into reverse sometimes

sunroof is jammed, will tilt up with a thump and then needs a little bar wacked before it will go back down

bonnet release cable wont release passenger side from inside the car, it pops drivers side enough to release the grill then i yank the cable from there to open it

Hi Simon

It sounds like easy to fix items. Have a search around the forum, the guys on here know everything you would ever need to know.

Get some pictures of the car up in the readers ride section, it would be great to see what you've got

Top tip when Adjusting your bonnet catches:-

Remove your front grille.

That way if the adjustment doesn't work you can still open the bonnet manually.

A little time and patience with possibly cleaning and lubricating the parts to ensure all springs back OK. Then it is just down to adjusting the trumpet. Think it is 8mm spanner (definitely small). Easypops on here has some replacement cables and that definitely helped mine.

As for the sunroof. .... give yourself a weekend and take it all out. Strip it, clean it, check to ensure the LH slider isn't broken where it joins onto the cable and lubricate all with some ebay moly grease ( 1/3rd price of vw and works).

Mk3 golf motors fit the later corrado and are a straight plug in better swap.

The only reason I suggest such a big job, is that if it is struggling now, it will possibly break soon and all parts are obsolete.

So well worth doing, as a lot of corrados have this broken

Good luck mate. You will get to know all the usual issues

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Top tip when Adjusting your bonnet catches:-

Remove your front grille.

That way if the adjustment doesn't work you can still open the bonnet manually.

A little time and patience with possibly cleaning and lubricating the parts to ensure all springs back OK. Then it is just down to adjusting the trumpet. Think it is 8mm spanner (definitely small). Easypops on here has some replacement cables and that definitely helped mine.

As for the sunroof. .... give yourself a weekend and take it all out. Strip it, clean it, check to ensure the LH slider isn't broken where it joins onto the cable and lubricate all with some ebay moly grease ( 1/3rd price of vw and works).

Mk3 golf motors fit the later corrado and are a straight plug in better swap.

The only reason I suggest such a big job, is that if it is struggling now, it will possibly break soon and all parts are obsolete.

So well worth doing, as a lot of corrados have this broken

Good luck mate. You will get to know all the usual issues

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cab;e is new and well oiled, drivers side releases lovely passenger side just doesnt like moving at all, need to strip the mech down and clean it all up by the sound of it

Gear linkage adjustment.

Double check you have the circlip in place on the pivot on the gear stick first, but here is a link to a good guide otherwise. (Nice one Kev!)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?32297-gear-linkage-adjustment&p=415342&viewfull=1#post415342

cheers read all this last night so thats todays job if the mrs and kids give me any peace

linkage tweeked and now have easy 1st and reverse, its not a fan of 5th but i can live with that,

bonnet is being a ******* still,

linkage tweeked and now have easy 1st and reverse, its not a fan of 5th but i can live with that,

bonnet is being a ******* still,

If you look down each of the 2 bonnet release catches while someone else operates the handle, you’ll soon know if each catch is free moving, if so you’ll need to readjust the bonnet pin in the side that isn’t working, they have a decent amount of movement so it’s a bit of trial and error

Hold the bonnet release handle in the open position by using the seatbelt, then check the two catches and you should see if the levers are opening correctly. Adjust and try again.

Hold the bonnet release handle in the open position by using the seatbelt, then check the two catches and you should see if the levers are opening correctly. Adjust and try again.

Great advice mate 8)

If you look down each of the 2 bonnet release catches while someone else operates the handle, you’ll soon know if each catch is free moving, if so you’ll need to readjust the bonnet pin in the side that isn’t working, they have a decent amount of movement so it’s a bit of trial and error

its being caused by the *******ing new cable being a load of ****e

despite the clip not being broken it just pops off at the handle end, no wonder i cant get it to work

ive devised a little mod that will sort it hopefully, just need daylight to do it so hopefully will get an hour after work tomorrow

its being caused by the *******ing new cable being a load of ****e

despite the clip not being broken it just pops off at the handle end, no wonder i cant get it to work

ive devised a little mod that will sort it hopefully, just need daylight to do it so hopefully will get an hour after work tomorrow

Did I sell you the cable? I’ve had no complaints from anyone else and I have one fitted to my own car.

Could be from you m8, the clip is the issue, it’s not broken but just doesn’t grip the handle bracket,

It holds the cable nicely and is fine when I pull but as soon as i release it instead of the inner returning the clip pings off and the whole lot moves

I’m going to blob some strong glue on it later and I reckon that’ll sort it