delfinis38

Body work wax after a polish

I've just machined polished the Vr. I was intending to wax it afterwards... but I've been reading the instructions in halfords today on the meguires and the autoglym high definition wax both have carnubra as an ingredient and state cause dizziness, tiredness, irritation to skin..Etc.. it was like reading some medication from the pharmacy. It put me off waxing. Unless someone can recommend another product that's less harmful.

Never had a problem with this product , it does seem a bit ott , but i suppose in this day and age they have to put warnings on a lot of products .

I used autoglym hd wax on mine earlier in the year. All done in the garage with no gloves and I didn't die mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems a bit extreme! I've used collonite 915 wax for years, it's amazing stuff.

Maybe we need to see pictures of the polished car......

Never had any issues, never worn gloves.

Used many brands from meguires to Mer, I think they're just wording it for the snowflakes.... Grab a bacon sandwich, a good strong cuppa and attack it like a kid from the 70's! ;)

Cheers for the input chaps. Will have ago when the temperature lifts a bit, will wait until it's at least 10 degrees in the garage should make it easier to apply.

I like dodo juice stuff these days, seem to be slowly using up my old products and replace them with dodo juice. Plus you can buy small pots of wax instead of a great big tub that lasts forever.

Been using a dodo juice wax on my new car and its easy to apply and doesn't leave much mess.

Seem to be there forever applying and removing collinite 915

I suppose it’s the same with all chemicals and the like . Unless your hands are hardened to it , it may cause irritation. My hands have been covered in more chemicals than I can think of , so I don’t think it would have any effect.

That seems a bit extreme! I've used collonite 915 wax for years, it's amazing stuff.

Maybe we need to see pictures of the polished car......

here you go chris ! in exchange for MK1 golf photos.

Nice reflection of the ladder in the bonnet !

Edited by delfinis38

Another vote for Dodo Juice products.

I use their Purple Haze wax on mine. It's a soft wax so you don't have to work it too hard and a little goes a long way. I've had my tub for a couple of years now and half of it is still left.

Works great on dark metallic paintwork and obviously Blackberry!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Lovely! Would be good to have a look over this sometime.

If I can remember our paths nearlly crossed a few years back when you were going to bring the storm down from hull to stonor park for the weekend. But for some reason you thought better of it... I don't blame you.

Few stone chips on the front end but it's origional paint and I'm reluctant to get it sprayed.

Edited by delfinis38

Another vote for Dodo Juice products.

I use their Purple Haze wax on mine. It's a soft wax so you don't have to work it too hard and a little goes a long way. I've had my tub for a couple of years now and half of it is still left.

Works great on dark metallic paintwork and obviously Blackberry!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up on the purple haze. Looks like they do tester pots enough to do four coats... im going to give it a try and a lovely smell of lavender. Do you use a pre coat after the polish they suggest a lime primer... I was just going to go with it on top of the machine polished bodywork.

Yes, I use Lime Prime which gives you a small amount of correction and is oily by nature so the wax tends to go on a little easier. Also you can let get on your rubbers & hard plastics and it won't leave any white marks!

Here's a couple of pictures in different light levels. Lime prime then two coats of Purple Haze:

1pAmnwB.jpg

dnxLgSb.jpg

Some lovely looking motors here! ;)

Can't have a shabby corrado, with a white one have a lot of tlc in the village/town :)

Edited by delfinis38

Looking forward to putting the Fusion hybrid wax on mine . Nice looking car kaiser , great colour.

4825b71d2958ccddf7e448f6c8c35090.jpg

Looking forward to putting the Fusion hybrid wax on mine . Nice looking car kaiser , great colour.

4825b71d2958ccddf7e448f6c8c35090.jpg

Looking very nice Rob 8)