matteusVR6

Speedline 16"

As far as I know the 16" version were only a limited edition VW Motorsport item made for the Vento Cup VR6 racing class. Very hard to get now, and easily fetch 800-1200 for a good set. Someone had some luck and got the factory to do a run of Speedline 17s a few years back, but I've never come across any.

As far as I know the 16" version were only a limited edition VW Motorsport item made for the Vento Cup VR6 racing class. Very hard to get now, and easily fetch 800-1200 for a good set. Someone had some luck and got the factory to do a run of Speedline 17s a few years back, but I've never come across any.

Sounds about right! I should probably wait until I have another corrado before I look at wheels but prior planning and all that :).

The fifteen52 tarmacs look similarish but 17" again, I prefer the look/ride on 16" though. Just trying to find alternatives to keep a similar look to standard speedline 5 spokes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95729[/ATTACH]

Yes, my preference would be for wheels no larger than 16" as well,

The last Vento Cup set I saw for sale was over here in Ireland on an adverts site, going for 1200 euro for a set and would have needed a full refurb, i.e. they had been well raced! Your best bet for a set of these might be some of the racing/track sites and forums - but a lot of those cars wouldn't have the original wheels on them any more - they came as a package from VWMS that was used to prep the cars.

Ive not long purchased a set of BBS RS 771 "16 split rims or known as the Golf anniversary alloys , cant wait to get them on the car and have some new Avon tyres on them.

Below is a link of them but if you shop about you can get a good set for a few hundred (I did) bit of bargain really for split rims. I would not personally go any larger then 16.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-VW-BBS-RS771-RS-771-Golf-Anniversary-Mk3-Mk4-Alloy-Wheels-5-Stud-16-6-5J-ET42/303022449050?hash=item468d8ba19a:g:S1oAAOSw3v5YoQnQ:rk:9:pf:0

Edited by Keyo

Ive not long purchased a set of BBS RS 771 "16 split rims or known as the Golf anniversary alloys , cant wait to get them on the car and have some new Avon tyres on them.

Below is a link of them but if you shop about you can get a good set for a few hundred (I did) bit of bargain really for split rims. I would not personally go any larger then 16.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-VW-BBS-RS771-RS-771-Golf-Anniversary-Mk3-Mk4-Alloy-Wheels-5-Stud-16-6-5J-ET42/303022449050?hash=item468d8ba19a:g:S1oAAOSw3v5YoQnQ:rk:9:pf:0

They look tidy! I had the one piece BBS RX2 on my Blackberry and Moonlight Blue before that, loved them. Still awaiting my next VR6 coming up for sale at the mo. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95731[/ATTACH]

They look the business mate not seen them on my Rado as getting the suspension done first. Good thing is they are period and look like stock . Mine came refurbished for £300 but centre are gunmetal grey with chrome surround, would prefer them looking stock to be honest. All I had to do was get some BBS centre caps and tyres. I wonder if they came diamond cut on the outer rim from factory like AMG Monoblocks that would look the bolloks..

Edited by Keyo

I have a set of those I started to strip for refurb, someone had previously done them and stripped the splines on the bolts, others had sheared and had the heads of the bolts glued in...…. I also own 2 brand new ones...

I have a couple of sets of 5 x 100 Subaru 16s (OZs and unknown make) that will require spacers for the centre bore and offset.

16 Compomotive THs, 17 BBS RCs, 17 ABT A23s, a spare set of solitudes, 2 spare speedos.

Recently sold S3 Avus 17s, 16 Montreal 2s, Audi TT 16 mini comps, 18 TT RS4s, A5 18s and Rangerover 19s

To quote my Mrs, "You've bought more wheels!"

Glued the heads of the bolts back on what a disgrace, thank god you didnt buy a car off him or the steering wheel would of popped off !