delfinis38

Davina air con

Many thanks! 

And oiled, cleaned and ready to install again. Cleaned up the endbell with a green scourer, awkward shape so not a great finish, although you'll never see it anyway! Should really have polished the outer mounting flange but again it'll never really be seen.

Runs nice and smoothly now, the best its ever sounded tbh.

20220512_222942.jpg

20220512_222759.jpg

20220512_214222.jpg

20220512_214218.jpg

20220512_211423.jpg

20220512_213407.jpg

By the way, how do you guys mount the relays at the back? I tried velcro but there's not enough contact area. Plus that other huge cable harness behind the glovebox. I've wedged that in with some foam

Fan fitted back now, seems to be running well! 

This id the broken thermocouple connection on the thermostat which I'm wondering about

20220514_133928.jpg

Where exactly was that mounted?  Mine has a probe going into the box. I will see if I can find a picture

On the right side of the passenger undertray. The thermocouple just routes round to the bit covered in black mastic 

I am intrigued... under my black mastic was the block expansion valve where the pipes join to the evaporator. Nothing else as I remember, hmmm 

Generic picture of this 

Screenshot_20220514-213917_eBay.jpg

Actually you could be right about the routing - I'll check again tomorrow and post up a picture. So you don't have that thermostat fitted? I can't even seem to identify it on the Diavia wiring diagram tbh

Found this, showing the

air flap motor top left.

Fan speed resistor pack below this

Shiny expansion block valve in the middle at the bottom

Far right on top is my temperature sensor which has the yellow plug.

20200301_143749.jpg

Thanks for that. On mine, the thermocouple runs across and then towards the expansion valve, then disappears into the mastic

20220515_165911.jpg

20220515_170035.jpg

20220515_170042.jpg

20220515_170101.jpg

20220515_170127.jpg

@Cressa, did you not have the thermocouple anywhere on yours?  I'm wondering if it is interconnected at all and if not, i'll just bypass it

According to Bentley, the aircons with non regulating compressors have the thermostat like i have. Just wondering if any aircon experts can advise how i would connect this one in its place instead. Its got a thermistor as opposed to a gas thermocouple.

There are three leads, red, green and black. I assume the black will be ground - is this going to be needed?

The old Ranco A10 thermostat has only 2 connections 

Thanks

20230117_173300.jpg

20230117_173343.jpg

Its on the passenger side undertray and the thermocouple goes into the piping housing insulation in front of the evaporator. I think some cars (like yours) just had a sensor in the outlet duct.

I was hoping someone could explain whether the new thermostat could be installed if at all..

Edited by fla

Ive removed the 

On 1/17/2023 at 5:40 PM, fla said:

According to Bentley, the aircons with non regulating compressors have the thermostat like i have. Just wondering if any aircon experts can advise how i would connect this one in its place instead. Its got a thermistor as opposed to a gas thermocouple.

There are three leads, red, green and black. I assume the black will be ground - is this going to be needed?

The old Ranco A10 thermostat has only 2 connections 

Thanks

20230117_173300.jpg

20230117_173343.jpg

Ive just removed the wiring for this from the harness for the time being. The rod for the thermocouple seems very well stuck into the mastic so I'll just cut that off.

Next problem, cant work out how to remove the front section of the ducting behind which i believe the heater matrix sits. I can only find one clip on the side but removing this doesn't seem to loosen anything. 

20230415_190026.jpg

Fla, to remove the heater matrix part there are two nuts engine side. One down by the heat shields of the exhaust and the other if I remember correctly is near all of the wiper mechanism. Needs a 10mm socket. One normally is easy, the other is a swine due to the heat and corrosion and it just spins the threaded screw that is in the plastic the other side

Normally just clips hold the airbox unit to this, but the Frankenstein aircon model of mine was hanging!! 

2 hours ago, Cressa said:

Fla, to remove the heater matrix part there are two nuts engine side. One down by the heat shields of the exhaust and the other if I remember correctly is near all of the wiper mechanism. Needs a 10mm socket. One normally is easy, the other is a swine due to the heat and corrosion and it just spins the threaded screw that is in the plastic the other side

Normally just clips hold the airbox unit to this, but the Frankenstein aircon model of mine was hanging!! 

Perfect, thanks.  If i can get away with leaving the airbox in place and removing just this front portion that will be perfect as i'll also be able to remove and re-felt the flaps.  Incidentally, i tried the fan with the outlets disconnected and there were several leaks.  I superficially sealed them to test and what a difference it makes!  So it seems that the asthmatic fan is not really the problem its more just air leakage and flap seal failure.  I'll check again once its all back together.

Hasan

I’ve got a copy of the Diavia wiring diagram if it’s any use to you.

I did post it on the forum a couple of years ago so it may still be floating about somewhere.

Let me know if you’d like me to repost it.