... My problem with it is the lack of proper search and organisation and threading like you get on a real forum - but without being able to post images and attachments the forum will slowly die...

I think this sums it up, I've tried to use FB a few times for classifieds etc, but just can't figure it out, stuff you post seems to disappear almost instantly and I've no idea how to search for stuff etc. However, forum classifieds are completely dead, so I'm stuck paying ebay / paypal horrendous fees to get rid of stuff, which ultimately just makes parts more expensive as you try to cover some of your costs.

I remember back in the day when you'd post stuff on the Ed38 classifieds and it'd be on page 2 or 3 within a couple of hours! Bring back those days, the forums were brilliant

I'm here most days... FB for me is just a pile of steaming brown! for serious advise the forum is the only place.

I don't see why it would need to die however quiet it got? - we must be able to rustle up the hosting costs between everyone? or maybe join up with the Scirroco forums? they are saying the same thing.

I'm here most days... FB for me is just a pile of steaming brown! for serious advise the forum is the only place.

I don't see why it would need to die however quiet it got? - we must be able to rustle up the hosting costs between everyone? or maybe join up with the Scirroco forums? they are saying the same thing.

That's a good point actually, if we merged a few forums of the same marque we would get a lot more traffic in one place

Just don't post on facebook…….

Support this forum by being a donator.

CCGB should thrash out a deal to use this forum for ALL their business even if it means some of it is password protected.

The following for these cars now simply isn't big enough for the "them and us" to continue.

These are all good points - I think a merger of some sort with another site like CCGB would be worth considering. It would also be nice to host a lot more reference content - for example. take a look at the German Corrado forum, there's a lot of info to browse on there before you even dive into the forums.

Just don't post on facebook…….

Support this forum by being a donator.

I support this forum, but the volume is not here. Onboarding to the forum is a lot harder than using a facebook page.

How do I upload an image to the forum? Oh, I can't.

The fact it no longer works with Tapatalk is awful. It's halved my usage of the forum.

This is the problem, Tapatalk !

I don’t own a computer, only mobile devices,so Tapatalk made posting pics on the forum so easy,

I go on other forums with it, its just this one that it won’t work,

I don’t own a computer, only mobile devices,so Tapatalk made posting pics on the forum so easy,

Come on lads get your spectrums out the loft you love Horace goes skiing.

We know! Toby would be more inclined to keep the platform up to date if the revenue for the forum made it worth while? We all prioritise our time around paid work that puts food on the table and pays our bills?

I wish I could help in some way. I'm not sure what the problem is with regards to getting it updated to support Tapatalk again.. I genuinely didn't realise so many people depended on it but it's obviously harming the activity on the forum :(

I wish I could help in some way. I'm not sure what the problem is with regards to getting it updated to support Tapatalk again.. I genuinely didn't realise so many people depended on it but it's obviously harming the activity on the forum :(

If I understand correctly the current set up wont support tapatalk, the next generation of vbullitin is horrible, so we're changing platform?

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?107293-Locked-out-of-Tapatalk&p=1219996#post1219996

This page has had over 500 hits but only 35 reply’s but 35 replays is not bad,if you view this page post on it put your point of view

I'm loving this thread and have said my piece previously.

Bring back TAPATALK please. No Facebook for me, ha ha

The Forum and CCGB for me

Sorry not really thread related.

Big up to GER040 for sending me the seat tilt handels from N.Ireland.

Have sent you a Pm.

Cheers mate.

Edited by Keyo

Just had a skim through this thread. Im not on Facebook at all.... Just instagram. I love this forum. Always have. I think alot of people have just moved on from 10+ Years ago when it was nonstop on here. I've had 2 children since and just starting to get my life /time back. Hopefully it'll pick up again on here but I guess with less and less Corrados being out there maybe this will be a bit tricky.

I tried taptalk.... was good for posting pics but I always reverted back to the proper site for reading and searching.

Lovely that this forum is still going though :)

Yeah, with less cars about there is bound to be less activity - but we should be able to keep it going. The UrQuattro forum worked quite well with a lot less cars on the road. A bigger problem is that this forum has lost some of its most experienced and knowledgeable members in past few years, and that can be hard to replace.

Yeah, with less cars about there is bound to be less activity - but we should be able to keep it going. The UrQuattro forum worked quite well with a lot less cars on the road. A bigger problem is that this forum has lost some of its most experienced and knowledgeable members in past few years, and that can be hard to replace.

I tried to join the UR Q forum last year, it’s blocked to new members and their admin can’t get the block off.....

I’ve just popped back on for a mooch, must admit Facebook is easier for me but that’s exactly why zuckerberg is rich

Now where’s that heater matrix wiki....can’t get that on Facebook

I haven't had a Corrado for while now but still come on here every day for a nosy around. The knowledge here goes without question and the response times are amazing with a reply to a query usually appearing in double quick time. Face book is a social media platform and is not really suitable for a serious forum and even I get fed up with pics of cute kittens. I hope this forum keeps going and maybe one day I'll take the plunge and get myself another of the wonderful wee beasties that is the Corrado.

Aye, another non-FB user here - far too sinister! I was suprised to see how much quieter the forum was when I got back into Corrado ownership, but the answer to that is for me to post more! Maybe update here as well as my PH thread every time I do something!

Never had FB never will, the fact that tapatalk is unable to see the forum anymore don't help really.

As lots of people have already stated, FB has killed loads of forums. For me, the sheer traffic of FB makes it better to sell stuff, however, Forums are better in literally every other way. I collect vintage Star Wars stuff and the go-to place for me will always be http://www.swfuk.co.uk (Star Wars Forum UK). FB has some huuuuge vintage SW groups, but the environment is so different (worse!) to a well run forum. You tend to get loads of repeated questions about basic stuff- due to the crap search, the fact that posts disappear rapidly in a busy group and the fact people are often lazy on FB and expect to be spoon-fed. There is such a wealth of knowledge available on forums, it would be incredibly short-sited for people to desert them. However, they need to move with the times- Tapatalk seems to be quite essential on here. I've never used it, but sounds like loads of people did.

Toby?